Shoe insoles

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Shoe insoles to prevent blistering

Hi guys,

Has anyone used/using particular brand/model sports shoe insoles to avoid blistering, especially to the toes, which can recommend? :confused:
I know some brands make insoles specially designed for racket sports, but haven't tried any of them...

Thanks,
Martin

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I didnt know soles can effect blosters. I need some to then :)

Hey, TTHopeful, as we all know intensive movement in shoes causes friction and if the rubbing between human skin and the material of the shoe continues long enough blisters are created. So the idea behind having insoles in the shoes is stopping/limiting that unwanted excessive movement which would help reduce the forceful rubbing resulting in less injured human flesh.
Most insoles are designed to absorb heel shocks and support foot arch, some are even "half" insoles focusing more on the backside of the feet leaving the toes to float around in the shoes.
The reason I asked the question here is due to the immense sport experience across all members and therefore I could not be the only one having such a problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I am a professional model and I often use shoe lifts during photo shots, as it helps enhancing style quotient effortlessly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Some 5 years ago I was suffering from toe blisters which I got constantly even after a couple of hours of intensive play.

I wasn't sure what was causing them, cause it seemed that I had rather comfortable TT shoes which didn't produce any pressure points on my feet. First thing I tried to solve this problem I bought a couple of different brands low friction running anti-blister socks. That didn't help. Then I tried some expensive high end nike anti blister socks which had a toe part made from two layers stitched together so the inner part of is moving somewhat freely in the outer part thus reducing friction between your toes and your shoes. These socks helped a somewhat. Also there 5-toe antiblister socks, but I didn't try them. Another thing I tried was a special compeed anti blister stick. It didn't produce any significant effect.

So after trying all this, the only thing that was left were the shoes. After changing them, the problem went away.

I am also unsure if soles can solve the blister problem. As mentioned, they can make your shoe soles feel more absorbing preventing joint damage, help if you bought shoes which are too big (maybe..), also if the arch support of the original insoles isn't right for you.

It seems that in your case the shoes aren't right for you. But if you are happy with your current shoes, my suggestion would by try buying some special anti blister socks. Maybe that will help. If it doesn't and you have to buy another sport shoes, you will be able to use these socks with your new ones :)

Also if you decide on buying some new insoles, let us know the results :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Hi guys, thanks for all your inputs!
This is an almost 1 year old thread and the problem was solved months ago.
After making a serious research on different types of insoles and socks I decided to first change the shoes and see the results. For my surprise (actually I should have expected it) the problem went away immediatelly. I've been playing with those shoes since then and never had the problem again. I think the main reason for problem was not very good fit around my front part of the feet, mainly around the toes. Changing the socks with much thicker ones helped but did not remove the problem completely.
Funny enough a few days ago I decided to try my old shoes again and check how they feel. As you can expect only after 1.5h hours of intense practise I could feel the return of problem.
So I am happy I did not experiment with expensive insoles/socks and solved the problem more radically.

Reactions: ttmonster

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
You can try sports socks
It's like a towel at the bottom

Agreed. I wear Mizuno shoes with sports socks and I don't need any extra insoles despite being big and heavy. The Mizunos are quite narrow so they don't move around from side to side. It's only fair to add that I do play on a proper suspended floor most of the time, so this solution won't necessarily work for everyone.

If insoles do not help, my advise is to try the most ordinary chinese sneakers.
You will be surprised how good they are for TT.
No slipiing, no scratching, low to the ground.
If you dispraise sneakers, you may try these

xiom-footwork.jpg

Very comfortable, light, fit, low to the ground, dynamic and blister-proof.