Ma Long Win's China's Biggest Sporting Award!

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity drops tomorrow!
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity drops tomorrow!
Administrator
Oct 2010
Yesterday Ma Long won the highest sporting award in China! Ma Long won China's best male athlete award of 2016!

China table tennis players were nominated in 4 categories. It's the first time after 7 years that a table tennis player won any award. Ma Long expressed, "Fan always say I give them power and courage, but actually it is them who give me support and encouragement when i face difficulties".

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FITTFWorld%2Fvideos%2F1625890007440996%2F&show_text=0&width=400" width="400" height="400" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Pictures from the night on my Instagram profile. Ding Ning went with Ma Long.

1malongaward2016.jpg

2malongaward2016.jpg

3malongaward2016.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Translation of interview of Ma Long after winning the award.

Ma Long: First, I am very happy to win this award. I was also nominated for this award last year, but I think this year is more important, because this year is Olympic year. I am also grateful to the organizing committee for the affirmation to my past year. It’s been seven years that table tennis team hasn’t won the award. I am very lucky to win this award for table tennis team. I have to thank to many people, but today here, I want to thank to all the fans.

Thanks for knowing me through Olympics. I am so happy to become your example and give you guys energy in work and life. I am also happy that you always support me and encourage me when I meet with difficulties, which moves me very much. There’s still a long way to go in the future. Let’s work hard together to be our best. Gratitude and cherish. Thank you.

Host: Table tennis is hailed as national sports, but people question about its future development and influence. But after Rio Olympics, you, Coach Liu, Zhang Jike and Ding Ning became online celebrities. What happened to make this team has this strong social influence?

Ma Long: I think the most important is that Olympics let more people know more about table tennis. There might be kind of misunderstanding that it’s easy for Chinese table tennis team to win a championship and there are no competitors in the world. However, through Rio Olympics, people saw that we also meet with difficulties during the matches, facing with strong competitors, and they also saw our efforts and hard work.

Ma Long: I think the most important is that Olympics let more people know more about table tennis. There might be kind of misunderstanding that it’s easy for Chinese table tennis team to win a championship and there are no competitors in the world. However, through Rio Olympics, people saw that we also meet with difficulties during the matches, facing with strong competitors, and they also saw our efforts and hard work.

I hope this will help more people start playing table tennis.