Fan ZHendong´s backhand rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I guess you're correct. At least at the last Worldcup in Saarbrücken he used a Tenergy. The Logo is clearly visible on this photo.

FZD_SF__2203.jpg

But he also seems to change equipment from time to time.

Oh... really?
look here:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gktmZaVbSo4/VhBrNCGdv_I/AAAAAAAAAA0/3MUMzjFP6Jk/s1600/Untitled.png

and here:
View attachment 11064
for me - i'm not sure about viscaria.
trust me, i can't saying that he use viscaria with stiga handle, i just saying that you can't be sure for 100%.
PS: i tell you more about my opinion i believe that he really use viscaria ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think he used Calibra a long time ago then Tenergy then Hurricane National and now Tenergy again.

I think he only used Calibra for advertisements for Stiga since they are his sponsor even though he does not use any of their equipment....well, except the handle on his blade. But the blade and the rubbers have never been Stiga.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: bobpuls
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
doesn't fan zhendong use infinity vps ???

Nope. 100% something else. 100% 7 ply blade. 98% Butterfly ALC blade. 95% Viscaria.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way, there are threads on the subject. You can research it. But there is also someone on the forum who knows someone who knows him. And has been told the info that you can, nevertheless see in photos taken from match play.

Now it is possible he has changed equipment and is now using Stiga equipment. But he never did before. So the question would be, why would he change now, when he has been sponsored by Stiga for years and never before used any of their equipment in tournament play.

Here is one thread. Have a look:

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/...Fan-Zhendong-uses-Viscaria-in-China-Open-2015

Here are a few of the photos from that thread:

bdc2910cd14c4c2dd6f47f6d501305d8.jpg

9de965e1b378c0fff464468e0741ff75.jpg

22fb60bc3aaa1f9a6b5869f4f6b62beb.jpg

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I saw that Xx, ML and FZD are now using softer hurricanes BH, but I think most people would get on better with tenergy.

FZD and XX tried the softer H3 when Ma Long started using it. But they went back to Tenergy pretty soon after. Ma Long kept using the H3 with softer sponge.

When did you see this info on FZD and XX? How recent was it?

They could have decided to try it again. But the last time they tried it, they went back to Tenergy pretty quickly.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I umpired FZD and XX in WTTC in Halmstad 2018. XX uses Chinese rubbers on both side, and FZD tenergy on BH

How old was that post you quoted? Context matters. When I posted that, it was the case. At a certain point XX did switch again to a softer version of DHS rubber. At this point I don’t know what they are using.

Last edited: