New era with DHS D40+ 3 Star Balls

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The first ones I bought from an Aliexpress site were closer to the TT11 price. I have no idea how ttnpp manages to sell so cheap. But the balls arrive in about 2 or 3 weeks and are good. TT11 will be faster though, and still a lot cheaper than NP40

Last edited:
The first ones I bought from an Aliexpress site were closer to the TT11 price. I have no idea how ttnpp manages to sell so cheap. But the balls arrive in about 2 or 3 weeks and are good. TT11 will be faster though, and still a lot cheaper than NP40
Yeah the price per ball is quite cheap compared to even seamless balls.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
The game is dead. The point only lasts three strokes, all the rallies ending with a failure (net ball /off the table ball) because the plastic ball is stiff, flat bounce, and non spinny, --no arching any more, accurate play impossible as a result.
Stiff plastic material (ABS) killed the sport.
We certainly need a change of the rubber character. The topsheet has to be thick, subtle and soft for a better controlled play.
Those players that make changes shall win. The conervative players using inelastic topsheet will suffer badly.

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Yes. And more and better rallies. No silly mistakes in serve return or third ball or rallies because of deformed balls.

I think Timo's struggles with the NP40+ at competitions were really about declining form and good opponents. All those people who beat him have improved vs the field as well against Boll. Boll wqs an off the bounce looping master and monster and other than loss of form, there was absolutely no reason for his game to decline vs anyone else.

Players need a new rubber. Thick and subtle topsheet with soft flexible pimples, thinner sponge layer.
He that hesitates to revamp his rubber is lost....

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Funny that the manufacurer's trends based on newly released rubbers are in the complete opposite direction. Thinner topshsets. Thicker sponge. Even shorter pips.

Things like Rasanter, Mantra, Regalis, Karis, Blue Storm.

I think they are trolling Igor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
DAMNED ABS PLASTIC. BACK TO THE STONY AGE.

With the stiff ABS plastic, the game did regressed back to the "speed glue" era, those damned years late 90's, fac*ing 38mm ball impossible to control.
We have now got an utterly uncontrollable play. Obvious degradation of the sport. No control. One continued sequense of lapses, to get the public annoyed and unhappy.
Some Stony Age, indeed... Stony perception of the ball... stony bounce of the ball... Mishits overwhelming...

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Well, some things are "stony" for sure but I'm not thinking about D40 balls at the moment.

Damn balls ARE hard to control when you are being attacked by pink elephants.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
IMG_0703.jpgI have managed to get some from presports and delivered in 4 days.
I have managed to get a few hours of practice with them last night.
So far I'm very impressed all are perfectly round unlike the seamless balls.
They do feel a bit faster than the yinhe seamless balls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Does anybody know what's going on here?

I see there are two of the new DHS 40+ 3 star ABS (they call it cell-free) plastic balls.

The one with picturing Ding Ning is roughly 50 cents a ball. Our club uses these and everybody likes them.
http://ttnpp.com/store/3-stars/869-dhs-new-material-cell-free-dual-40-d40-3-stars-ball-x72-39.html
dhs-new-material-cell-free-dual-40-d40-3-stars-ball-x72.jpg

Then there's from what I can tell the same type of ball just picturing Ma Long. These balls are well over a dollar a ball.
http://ttnpp.com/store/3-stars/734-dhs-new-material-cell-free-40-3-stars-ball-39.html
dhs-new-material-cell-free-40-3-stars-ball.jpg

Does anybody know what the difference is?

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Does anybody know what's going on here?

I see there are two of the new DHS 40+ 3 star ABS (they call it cell-free) plastic balls.

The one with picturing Ding Ning is roughly 50 cents a ball. Our club uses these and everybody likes them.
http://ttnpp.com/store/3-stars/869-dhs-new-material-cell-free-dual-40-d40-3-stars-ball-x72-39.html
View attachment 13951

Then there's from what I can tell the same type of ball just picturing Ma Long. These balls are well over a dollar a ball.
http://ttnpp.com/store/3-stars/734-dhs-new-material-cell-free-40-3-stars-ball-39.html
View attachment 13952

Does anybody know what the difference is?

Let me add that to what Next Level wrote in more forceful terms. Avoid the Ma Long balls, they are terrible. They are made of cellulose acetate, they are fragile, not round, with weird bounce and ironically, expensive. They were introduced in about 2014.

The recently introduced Ding Ning balls (technically D40+) are made of a plastic similar to the ones used in the Nittaku Premium. They are good, and that is why people in your club like them. The Ma Long balls should be buried in a landfill somewhere.

Once they are out of the box you can tell the difference immediately by playing but note also that the good ones have a small D40+ printed on the ball label.

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
D40+ is a child toy (baby rattle) rather than a ball suited to play the sport game.
Once you can't get celluloid ball any longer, the KINGNIK PREMIUM *** ball is quiet the thing.

photobank-2_yu5w.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JHB
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
D40+ is a child toy (baby rattle) rather than a ball suited to play the sport game.[/img]

This is pretty funny. But it seems there are a bunch of people who really like the D40+ ball.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
i have already 10 peaces of D40+ from DHS .... But no one wants to play with this balls with me so i realy cant tell ;-) But yesterday i just played with new Gewo balls which i think are abs.... and they are fast and bouncy ..... I have to switch to second blade (more softer top ply) to manage better the speed ..... But generally at the end i get used to it .... The game gets faster and shorter. My third attack is faster so it is OK for me ..... only one down side is the short underspin serves sometimes do not end in the net but opponent hits the top of the net and they fall on my side ;-( , but this can be fixed as well i think

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
D40+ is a child toy (baby rattle) rather than a ball suited to play the sport game.
Once you can't get celluloid ball any longer, the KINGNIK PREMIUM *** ball is quiet the thing.

I'll make my own mind up on the D40+. However what I will say is that my team used the Kingnik balls for home matches all through last season and there were no complaints either from our players or from opponents. They were cheap too, the cheapest 3* poly balls available in the UK last year.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
UPDATE - I used a D40+ ball in a "friendly" doubles game yesterday. One of the other players said that the ball was "slow", by which I think he meant that it didn't come off the bat as quickly as our usual ball (Nittaku 3* celluloid, club bought a huge job-lot for the OAP sessions and we're still trying to get through them!) I felt the D40+ seemed heavier than other balls I've tried and had a lower bounce on average. For example, I managed to get a couple of pushes to bounce twice on the opponents' side, which I don't normally manage with any other ball. On the other hand when the ball was hit hard, it stayed hit. Some of these effects may be because the ball was new and gripped better on the surface of the table, or maybe I picked out a rogue one - not sure. Anyway I think the jury is still out on this one and further testing is required....

Last edited: