New era with DHS D40+ 3 Star Balls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
So at our club, a member who with some college students, traveled to somewhere to China to train with some academy and they took some of our DHS D40+ balls we get from TTNPP. They were told from people there that the ball we have is fake.

First off, I hate stories like this. There's nothing I can do to prove or disprove this. It's just hearsay. But that's what they were told. That largely most things DHS outside of China are fakes.

I think that probably there is nothing I can do about this. But in investigating, I remember this ITTF video on how DHS balls are made from 2017.

There's a section on quality control at 4:13 where they state the the balls that pass through this one by one inspection mark, the "competition balls" are selected. Does anybody know if those are simply the cream of the crop that are used in competitions and/or professional academies in China? I doubt DHS throws out all the balls that don't make the competition ball standard. I assume they're simply boxed up & sold. Could that be what's going here?

For example. I know if that I were to get a DHS H3 National, it wouldn't be the same DHS H3 National say Ma Long gets because they get the best quality cuts pieces reserved for them. Could it be the same for balls?

Thoughts?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2017
-9437961391747715059.jpg
These with the world tour logo are 3-4 times more expensive than the regular ones.
I'm wondering, are they any better than the regular D40+?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
[QU wOTE=FastMisha;267075]View attachment 18830
These with the world tour logo are 3-4 times more expensive than the regular ones.
I'm wondering, are they any better than the regular D40+?[/QUOTE]a

Where can you buy these balls with the red logo?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
DHS D40+ update.

Just got some of these balls (they're the Ding Ning ones just as a heads up) in for club. We've been using these balls for a little over a couple of years I'm guessing with good results and people seem to feel they're fine.

However, sometimes I've got to wonder about that infamous DHS quality control. Ordered 144 balls from TTNPP

And while I didn't notice it when they were by themselves, after taking them to club and putting them in the bin of our other DHS D40+ balls that are used, these new ones are kinda off white in color where the old ones are pure white.

I did a bounce test and checked the seam. Hit with them. I couldn't tell any difference. But still, they look kinda off-white or even ivory color in comparison.

Sigh. While I'd prefer them to be more white, as long as they play the same, I guess it's not that big of a deal

dhs2.jpg

The used, white ball is on the left. You can tell by the table stuffs. The new, yellowish ball is on the right.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have the same experience with both off white and white D40+ balls in same batch.

DHS D40+ update.

Just got some of these balls (they're the Ding Ning ones just as a heads up) in for club. We've been using these balls for a little over a couple of years I'm guessing with good results and people seem to feel they're fine.

However, sometimes I've got to wonder about that infamous DHS quality control. Ordered 144 balls from TTNPP

And while I didn't notice it when they were by themselves, after taking them to club and putting them in the bin of our other DHS D40+ balls that are used, these new ones are kinda off white in color where the old ones are pure white.

I did a bounce test and checked the seam. Hit with them. I couldn't tell any difference. But still, they look kinda off-white or even ivory color in comparison.

Sigh. While I'd prefer them to be more white, as long as they play the same, I guess it's not that big of a deal

View attachment 18886

The used, white ball is on the left. You can tell by the table stuffs. The new, yellowish ball is on the right.

Reactions: suds79
The white DHS*** balls are not round at all for me, for some reason :(
Actually interesting thing: once I made an order from Aliexpress just for 10 balls (1 pack) and the "yellowish" balls came, very round and high quality.
I thought - good thing! And ordered two more packs from the same seller, but got those more white balls and 9/10 were NOT
round.

After that - exact same situation, only with tabletennis11 and this now scares me. I want quality "yellowish" and round
balls, not these white :(

And the difference is immediately noticeable while training / playing, even the sound is a little bit different.