says Ba'al has spoken

Master TTD Member 5,895 3,532
    B
    says Ba'al has spoken

Master TTD Member 3,532 5,895

User Info Menu

Nov 2010
    Read 8 Reviews
    Thank you Airoc for injecting some necessary reality.

"I know it's real, I saw it on a Chinese website". If you believe this in the context of TT equipment authenticity I have some Nigerian email-backed securities I would like to sell you, they are a good investment. Opening price, $100,000.

The Following 3 Users Like Baal's Post:

Ahmad Arnous, DJeX and 1 other

Last edited by Baal; 01-31-2017 at 11:39 PM.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 23 74
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 74 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Airoc
    Just one more thing to clarify. It´s in the sponsored players' contracts that the rubbers remain the property of Tibhar. Theoretically, players have to send the rubbers back. Legal action can be threatened if such rubbers appear on auction sites or go in wider circulation. So don´t be fooled to think they´d sell them openly in China of all places ...
    Thanks for taking the time to debunk my "theories" hehe. As I never assumed to be 100% legit til proven otherwise... Find it strange to have it being sold legitimately by the China agent. As for Tibhar's answer to my question, they've said it's just the same thing just different packaging. P.S. I'm a distributor for Tibhar in my country... I can't get them CDM rubbers like Hybrid K-1 and Crazy Bull though.

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,207 1,055
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,055 1,207
    Found the pic and some Chinese magazine ads. Can Matt please take the time to ask Samsonov what it is about?

Name:  Tibhar-National-Evolution-MX-P-Special-SP-Version-Table-Tennis-Rubber-Black-Red-47-5-Degree.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  24.2 KBName:  evolution_pro1.jpg
Size:  43.4 KBName:  evolution_pro2.jpg
Size:  34.0 KB

The Following User Likes TurboZ's Post:

Ahmad Arnous

This user has no status.

TTD Member 23 74
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 74 23
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboZ
    Found the pic and some Chinese magazine ads. Can Matt please take the time to ask Samsonov what it is about?

Name:  Tibhar-National-Evolution-MX-P-Special-SP-Version-Table-Tennis-Rubber-Black-Red-47-5-Degree.jpg
Size:  24.2 KBName:  evolution_pro1.jpg
Size:  43.4 KBName:  evolution_pro2.jpg
Size:  34.0 KB
    Actually that magazine Pic which I saw somewhere floating around in mytt convinced me that the "nat" version is real. But though I'm a Tibhar distributor, Tibhar wouldn't sell me any. Probably it's just a CDM thing.

The Following 2 Users Like DJeX's Post:

Ahmad Arnous and TurboZ

This user has no status.

TTD Member 105 99
    J
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 99 105
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeX
    Thanks for taking the time to debunk my "theories" hehe. As I never assumed to be 100% legit til proven otherwise... Find it strange to have it being sold legitimately by the China agent. As for Tibhar's answer to my question, they've said it's just the same thing just different packaging. P.S. I'm a distributor for Tibhar in my country... I can't get them CDM rubbers like Hybrid K-1 and Crazy Bull though.
    That's interesting. I wonder why Hybrid K1/k1+ does not get wider distribution. I built my game around Hurricane 3, and I've been playing with Hybrid K1+ back to back (literally) with H3Neo for all of January. Hybrid K1+ is a very valid H3 substitute, without the downside of smell or need of boosting. The only thing that might persuade me to EJ is my curiosity with the new Stiga Mantra H.

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 876 1,243
    A
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,243 876

User Info Menu

Keep in mind that sponsored players do not receive their rubbers in retail packaging, so Samsonov wouldn´t even know what the legit packaging looks like.
    Add to that a friendly Chinese distributor asking for a picture in a hotel lobby, something no-one would deny.

And the fairytale begins ...

The Following 2 Users Like Airoc's Post:

Ahmad Arnous and DJeX

This user has no status.

A
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

No totally unusual to have rubbers for different markets.

In Germany, for example, Chinese rubbers are quite a niche. Chinese made rubbers from German brands like Donic have been introduced, but they are not a big success, especially since they are always much more expensive than H3 or H3 Neo, and so you´d just buy those.

The Following 2 Users Like Airoc's Post:

Ahmad Arnous and Jabugo

This user has no status.

TTD Member 23 74
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 74 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabugo
    That's interesting. I wonder why Hybrid K1/k1+ does not get wider distribution. I built my game around Hurricane 3, and I've been playing with Hybrid K1+ back to back (literally) with H3Neo for all of January. Hybrid K1+ is a very valid H3 substitute, without the downside of smell or need of boosting. The only thing that might persuade me to EJ is my curiosity with the new Stiga Mantra H.
    It could be because that it was designed by the China distributor and it was designed for the Chinese Market in mind... Though they shouldn't have written stuff in English and Deutsch, other text on them... I'm not so sure why the K1 isn't a worldwide product as it's really good. I'm guessing it could be possible that maybe after a certain period of time, Tibhar might allow it to be distributed globally. Maybe the agreement with the China office, is that they get to sell them exclusively in China for a year for example. Just a guess... Or perhaps Tibhar never saw the need to distribute it worldwide and decided to limit it to the Chinese Market. I'm not exactly sure, but those are some speculations... Aside from that, how about the Tibhar Mythik? It isn't on Tibhar's website or catalog etc.. But they allow me to distribute it and I see it on some sites as well...

This user has no status.

A
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DJeX
    how about the Tibhar Mythik?
    It was available but has been discontinued in Germany.

Sheets of "Bull" rubbers surface on a re-seller´s ebay page, have never been available officially over here.

Different products for different markets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12