Yasaka blade suggestion( carbon preferred)

This user has no status.
Hello friends!
A friend tried my old yeo blade and strangely, he liked the feel of blade and handle specially. And hence he is interested in trying a yasaka carbon blade. He currently uses some andro velocity blade with 3+2 composition.
About his game- He likes to open for 3rd ball and plays all out attack, with preference on fh topspins. With bh, aggressive blocks,and likes to keep ball on table. Moreover, his fundamentals are good and he knows spin science ( had summer coaching sort of).
He uses chinese rubber on fh(probably h3 neo) and rakza 7 soft on bh or rakza x.
This is his ej worm going on right now.
What I was thinking was yasaka offensive power 7 , which is 5+2. Any more suggestions and recommendations would be helpful.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
My suggestion, if you are going carbon, just go with butterfly, or get ovtcharov true carbon.

Almost no company makes blades as good or better than butterfly IMO

It's expensive yes, but you buy one and you know you are buying something of the highest quality in manufacturing

This user has no status.
It's the ej bug that's going on with him. He was thinking of trying yeo 7 power, as it is compared to barwell fleet. A member of the club has that blade, and he sort of liked it and also he liked the feeling of my old blade, yeo. Otherwise his long term plan is to settle with timo boll spirit, but before that he wanted to try it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
I am currently using the Yasaka Extra Offensive 7 Power with Hurricane 3 Neo on the forehand (I switched from MX-P to Hurricane recently). So far the combo works great. The blade is a basically the same as the YEO, but a faster version. So if you like the YEO for its feeling, the Yasaka Extra Offensive 7 Power will be a great upgrade for a faster blade. As for the Hurricane 3 Neo, it works okay without boosting, but it works MUCH MUCH greater with boosting as suggested by many other people.

This user has no status.
I am currently using the Yasaka Extra Offensive 7 Power with Hurricane 3 Neo on the forehand (I switched from MX-P to Hurricane recently). So far the combo works great. The blade is a basically the same as the YEO, but a faster version. So if you like the YEO for its feeling, the Yasaka Extra Offensive 7 Power will be a great upgrade for a faster blade. As for the Hurricane 3 Neo, it works okay without boosting, but it works MUCH MUCH greater with boosting as suggested by many other people.
Have you used any other carbon blades with slightly dwelly outer ply(limba or hinoki), so that you could compqre the differences. Also, what is general mentality while playing? Spin in every shots on fh side or placements with pushes and flicks ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Have you used any other carbon blades with slightly dwelly outer ply(limba or hinoki), so that you could compqre the differences. Also, what is general mentality while playing? Spin in every shots on fh side or placements with pushes and flicks ?

I have not tried another other slightly dwelly outer ply blades. My previous blade was the YEO. As for general mentality when playing, everyone is different. This blade works well for placement and spin shots.

Reactions: achalwins94
This user has no status.
Everybody has their own reasoning and preferences when it comes to TT equipment.
Mine goes like this, plastic ball has less rotation so I need harder rubbers to produce more rotation, because of harder rubbers
i need softer (not soft*) blade.....
Only very high players (pros) can play with both hard rubbers and hard blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Not many top players use extremely hard blades.

Everybody has their own reasoning and preferences when it comes to TT equipment.
Mine goes like this, plastic ball has less rotation so I need harder rubbers to produce more rotation, because of harder rubbers
i need softer (not soft*) blade.....
Only very high players (pros) can play with both hard rubbers and hard blades.