Pro players that don't boost

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
When I was in Germany with Thomas Keinath we traveled quite a bit and I got to meet a lot of top 100 and even top 10 players and I was very surprised how open they were about boosting to other players. When we were at the German open Tommy and us ran into samsonov and Tommy asked him about boosting because he wanted to try evolution on his backhand (Tommy) and was wondering the best way to boost it and samsonov just told him how he boosts his rubber and what kind he uses. Timo doesn't boost technically but it is a little unfair because he gets the best of the best tenergy rubbers. Most of the time, if any top 2 or 300 player in the world says they don't boost, they're usually lying straight to your face [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Baal and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Most of the time, if any top 2 or 300 player in the world says they don't boost, they're usually lying straight to your face [emoji6]

Yes, but we can't blame them for that. Even if nobody cares, boosting is still 'cheating'.

Reactions: keenansouthall
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
samsonov just told him how he boosts his rubber and what kind he uses. Timo doesn't boost technically but it is a little unfair because he gets the best of the best tenergy rubbers.

As for Boll, he just makes a fool of himself by claiming he plays what everybody can buy. He can´t not know he gets better stuff than people in the shops.

As for Vladi, I should probably tell the guy from the other forum who claimed Vladi doesn´t boost and doesn´t need it. So much for a close source.

By the way, I think between the pros it´s a gentlemen agreement - everybody does it, so no-one cheats. The rules are stupid, and everybody agrees not to follow. Kinda like civil disobedience ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
It really sucks the fact that professionals are playing with stuffs that the normal players can't actually use. The problem is that ITTF can't have proper control of the players' equipments.

In badminton for example, players are required to re-string their racket with the officials, ensuring what they use are in the end something typical players can use

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I'm not sure that it sucks. Their liveliihood depends on it but we play for fun. And companies do not have unlimited capacity to make the rubbers top players use. You cant have a Formula 1 car either. It's not like the Tenervy tbey sell to us is bad, or if we had a pro's rubber we would play like one. In fact you or I might play worse. Who knows? This is reality in sports.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hi. This is the problem of the rule. Nobody believe me that I don't boost and don't use standard rubbers.
I tried to initiate a new control system, which makes it impossible to boost rubbers after production. It makes sure, you can only use rubbers, which you can buy in every shop, but the ITTF don't want this control machine right now.
I'm really fighting for fair play in our sport, but it seems not easy to change anything.

This user has no status.
Hi. This is the problem of the rule. Nobody believe me that I don't boost and don't use standard rubbers.
I tried to initiate a new control system, which makes it impossible to boost rubbers after production. It makes sure, you can only use rubbers, which you can buy in every shop, but the ITTF don't want this control machine right now.
I'm really fighting for fair play in our sport, but it seems not easy to change anything.

Hallo, bist du echt Timo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D and Flatstyk
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I wonder if Timo would help me with my footwork?

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Hi Timo,

ich wollte dich immer fragen warum du keinen Tenergy 64 für die Rückhand nutzst. Die Vorhand ist immer eine unglaubliche Stärke von dir gewesen. Ich glaube nicht, dass ich irgendeiner Spieler gesehen habe der den Vorhandkontertopspin so gut wie du beherrscht. Von Zuschaueransicht hat man das Gefühl, dass deine Gegner dich dann auf die Rückhandseite festnageln wollen. Ich hatte immer den Eindruck, dass den passiven Block/ oder den Pressblock mit dem T64 einfacher spielen lässt weil der weniger schnittempfindlich ist und die Blockbälle etwas direkter und gefährlicher kommen. Mit dem T05 ist es besser den Spinblock zu spielen aber dafür muss man gut stehen.

Von Zuschauerperspektive und Amateuerspieler habe ich den Eindruck gehabt, dass den weichen Eröffnungstopspin jetzt mit dem Plastikball ein bisschen entschärft wurde. Dadurch ist die extra Rotation die man mit dem T05 produzieren könnte vielleicht nicht mehr so vorteilhaft wie die bessere Blockeigenschaften von dem T64.

Natürlich bist du als Weltklassespieler viel besser in der Lage als einem Amateur wie ich, das Spiel zu analysieren und das geeignete Material für deine Spielweise zu wählen. Daher bin ich gespannt ob du vielleicht die Zeit hättest um meine Frage zu beantworten.