H3 neo preboosted??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Hi, I'm just wondering whether I have to boost a hurricane 3 neo provincial (blue sponge). I heard that it's already factory tuned??

If sponge hardness =41, put a layer or two Haifu seamoon. Will make it more lively.

If sponge hardness =39, don't bother as boosting could make it too mushy.

If sponge hardness =40. Grey area. Play a game and see if you need more speed and spin

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

do you remove the factory glue before u apply the booster?
i tried 41 last week, damn hard xd

I have a 41 as well. I didn't remove the factory layer. Put three layers of seamoon and it plays like a 40. Far better

dangit, shouldve done it that way...
I was going to boost it, but then I thought that this is factory tuned already, so it should be in the best form...
turned out it's as hard as brick :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
dangit, shouldve done it that way...
I was going to boost it, but then I thought that this is factory tuned already, so it should be in the best form...
turned out it's as hard as brick :(
The factory boosts it to an acceptable level (usually not playable). But if you don't play formal tournament like me, you might as well do a few extra layers of boosting. It feels like tenergy sponge plus hurricane topsheet.

The factory boosts it to an acceptable level (usually not playable). But if you don't play formal tournament like me, you might as well do a few extra layers of boosting. It feels like tenergy sponge plus hurricane topsheet.

This is my first time using 41.
Usually when I use 40, I will play new rubber unboosted, then after I feel the factory-boost effect wears off, then I'll boost it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hello SFF_lib,
Do you all refer boosting on 2.15mm sponge thickness ?
Thanks

If sponge hardness =41, put a layer or two Haifu seamoon. Will make it more lively.

If sponge hardness =39, don't bother as boosting could make it too mushy.

If sponge hardness =40. Grey area. Play a game and see if you need more speed and spin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hello SFF_lib,
Do you all refer boosting on 2.15mm sponge thickness ?
Thanks
There's practically no difference between 2.15 and max. You can boost both thickness.

I remember mine is max thickness. Once boosted, the sponge can deliver the strength of the blade better as it's not hard dead. You usually want a thinner hurricane sponge because it's easier to hit through a dead sponge. When the sponge is not dead you don't worry about the thickness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Thanks for your input. I used to play with 39/40 H3Neo. Do you think single boost is adequate enough per your experience ??

There's practically no difference between 2.15 and max. You can boost both thickness.

I remember mine is max thickness. Once boosted, the sponge can deliver the strength of the blade better as it's not hard dead. You usually want a thinner hurricane sponge because it's easier to hit through a dead sponge. When the sponge is not dead you don't worry about the thickness.