upgrading equipment advice penhold

Hello, I am new here... I was wondering if you could give tell me what rubber would be best for stiga rosewood xo and stiga intensity nct (both penhold)
here are what I am thinking for fh rubbers.
p.s I can't afford tenergy :(

-rakza 7
-xiom omega v asia
-andro rasant
( I don't know which one would be best for mid distance looping)

rpb:
-andro rasant beat
-sriver el
-baracuda
I play rpb and mid distance looping... having 1 year + of experience... at the moment I play with stiga clipper cr non wrb (cpen) with fh: dhs skyline 3 and bh: yasaka mark v.
also we play mostly celluloid ball and speed glue ( outdated yes.. but we don't compete in tournament and also that was what is available nearby in the market to us.)

my friends comment on my game: I can't produce pure topspin on forehand .. it has side-topspin and side spin which curves a lot and said was "heavy" while my rpb has good control, the spin is not impressive but sometimes have reverse-side topspin in it.

you can suggest me other blades too ( I prefer allwood for good feeling) :D
tnx ^^

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
please change your text color.

black on dark grey is absolutely terrible to look at.

I am a lefty penhold RPB aggressive looper.
I currently play DHS Skyline 3 neo for my forehand. I don't see a reason why to change that.
I used to use Xiom for my RPB actually, but that's just preference. Now, I use tenergy 05, which is expensive.

I never used Andro Rasant, but I've heard some good things. Other people here are experts on equipment.

On the side note:

if you have only been playing for one year, you shouldn't really be worrying about equipment too much.

Skill > equipment.

If you make a video of your gameplay, we might be able to fix your spin problems.

If your forehand is creating too much sidespin, I highly suspect that you drop your wrist too low when hitting, such that your paddle head is pointing downwards. You want the head of your racket to be pointing to the side, or side down when you contact the ball. It is much harder to hit the side of the ball and produce sidespin on forehand shots this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: parkash.imangry