Chinese Trials for World Championships 2017

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Greetings, want to share sth with you.

Someone mentioned that without ZJK attending, the stadium would be empty. However, if you have ever watched 2016 China Super League, I guess you would not say this is the case since ZJK did not play the Super League at all. Maybe some of you enjoyed the screaming of his fangirls after EACH rally but many people found it annoying. FYI, the Marvelous 12 trials are sponsored by Audi while Audi promotes ML in Audi's TV commercials and Weibo accounts, but not ZJK or the whole CNT.

I wish ZJK can recover ASAP as I do want to watch him playing like he did in Rio 2016. His games now are so boring. But I don't quite understand why it took him so long to get his ankle recovered (he got the injury last Oct when shooting a variety show). LGL said ZJK's ankle was fine in Jan and he got a shot in Feb in preparation for Qatar Open; according to LGL, ZJK quitted Qatar Open due to high fever and bacterial infection. DN, FZD and ZYL also got ankle injuries recently but they did a great job recovering and playing.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
its interesting to know , zhang yining in her commentating told that : standing there behind the table in that condition is a victory for zjk . they really want him to play

It would probably be a good storyline if the injured hero ZJK returns to wttc to win it all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Day 3 results (5 Mar 2017):

Men:

Round 4 (continued):
Xu Chenhao 2:0 Zhang Jike (11:9, 12:10)
Fang Bo 0:2 Ma Long (2:11, 5:11)
Fan Zhendong 2:1 Zhou Qihao (6:11, 11:8, 11:7)

Round 5:
Zhou Yu 1:2 Yan An (11:8, 10:12, 10:12)
Lin Gaoyuan 2:1 Liu Dingshuo (6:11, 11:3, 11:6)
Xu Chenhao 0:2 Ma Long (5:11, 3:11)
Xu Xin 2:1 Zhang Jike (8:11, 12:10, 11:4)
Liang Jingkun 2:0 Zhou Qihao (11:5, 11:6)
Fang Bo 0:2 Fan Zhendong (6:11, 9:11)

Round 6:
Zhang Jike 0:2 Zhou Yu (7:11, 1:11)
Yan An 2:0 Liu Dingshuo (11:9, 11:6)
Xu Xin 1:2 Ma Long (6:11, 11:7, 5:11)
Lin Gaoyuan 0:2 Zhou Qihao (10:12, 9:11)
Xu Chenhao 0:2 Fan Zhendong (7:11, 5:11)
Liang Jingkun 1:2 Fang Bo (9:11, 11:9, 4:11)

Women:

Round 4 (continued):
Zhu Yuling 2:1 Wu Yang (11:6, 10:12, 11:1)
Li Jiayi 0:2 Ding Ning (8:11, 4:11)
Wang Manyu 1:2 Liu Shiwen (11:13, 11:6, 3:11)

Round 5:
Mu Zi vs Wu Yang (11:7, 11:2)
Guo Yuting 2:1 Zhu Yuling (6:11, 11:5, 11:5)
Chen Meng 2:0 Chen Ke (11:8, 11:6)
Li Jiayi 0:2 Liu Shiwen (6:11, 4:11)
Ding Ning 2:1 Feng Yalan (11:3, 9:11, 11:8)
Wang Manyu 1:2 Yuan Xuejiao (3:11, 11:7, 7:11)

Round 6:
Li Jiayi 1:2 Feng Yalan (7:11, 11:7, 6:11)
Liu Shiwen 2:0 Yuan Xuejiao (11:2, 11:5)
Ding Ning 2:0 Chen Ke (11:8, 11:3)
Wang Manyu 2:0 Wu Yang (11:9, 11:8)
Chen Meng 2:1 Zhu Yuling (8:11, 12:10, 11:1)
Mu Zi 2:0 Gu Yuting (11:7, 11:5)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Ranking after 6 of 11 rounds (5 Mar 2017):

Men:
1) Ma Long, Xu Xin (5:1)
3) Liang Jingkun, Fan Zhendong, Lin Gaoyuan (4:2)
6) Zhou Yu (3:3)
7) Zhou Qihao, Yan An, Liu Dingshuo, Zhang Jike, Xu Chenhao (2:4)
12) Fang Bo (1:5)

Women:
1) Ding Ning, Liu Shiwen (6:0)
3) Mu Zi (5:1)
4) Chen Meng, Yuan Xuejiao (3:3)
6) Wang Manyu, Zhu Yuling, Feng Yalan, Gu Yuting, Chen Ke, Li Jiayi (2:4)
12) Wu Yang (1:5)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Are there 4 ppl or 5 ppl going? I remember there would be 5 if you're the host country, and 4 if you're not?

I want to see

ML, ZJK, FZD, LJK (if there is a 5th position, then LDS or XCH)

It would be the best if LJK can win one of the trials.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
6 ppl for the host country and 5 ppl for others
Most likely ML FZD XX ZJK will represent CNT this time as they are WR #1-4. FB, LJK and others are fighting for the last ticket,

Are there 4 ppl or 5 ppl going? I remember there would be 5 if you're the host country, and 4 if you're not?

I want to see

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews

I want to see

6 if you are host. 5 for all other nations. In Suzhou 2015 XX FZD ML ZJK FB LJK participated

Reactions: perniciousnc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
ZJK suffers from mental problems. As I see, he's physically well, but after a tough loss he got destroyed. Vs XU Xin he played very well in the first set, lost 12-10 in the second and in the third he just stand at one place .I didn't see the ZJK Zhou Yu match, but the score speaks for itself. Xu Chenchao and Liu Dingshuo were good, they deserved the win.
If he wakes up and beats ML (and a few other at least) I think he will get a place in the WTTC team. Why? Because he is the favourite of Liu Guoliang. He deserves it? Based on his performance, not, but if consider his experience maybe. What I see is that he and ML are the only ones who play strategically and tactically. FZD and XX mostly play from routine. Fang Bo and Yan An are both stable internationally, but their ratio is just too bad. We have seen Zhou Yu lost to an european player (?Mengel Steffen?). Liang Jingkun can't stand pressure. I would choose Liu Dingshuo, but he doesn't have experience in big international men's tournaments. Lin Gaoyuan seems an excellent pick but we have to wait until the end of the tournament. I think Zhou Qihao is far away from the WTTC team and Xu Chenchao doesn't have enough experience (and I don't like him therefore I wouldn't put him in).
My WTTC team:
1. Ma Long
2. Fan Zhendong
3. Xu Xin
4 and 5.Zhang Jike/Liu Dingshuo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Day 4 schedule (6 Mar 2017):

Chinese time (GMT +08:00)

Afternoon:

13:05

Zhou Yu vs Fan Zhendong
Zhou Qihao vs Fang Bo

13:30
Ma Long vs Liang Jingkun
Liu Dingshuo vs Xu Chenhao

13:57
Zhang Jike vs Lin Gaoyuan
Yan An vs Xu Xin

14:22
Ding Ning vs Mu Zi
Li Jiayi vs Chen Ke

14:47
Yuan Xuejiao vs Wu Yang
Feng Yalan vs Zhu Yuling

15:12
Liu Shiwen vs Gu Yuting
Wang Manyu vs Chen Meng

15:40
Yan An vs Fang Bo
Liu Dingshuo vs Zhou Qihao

16:05
Xu Xin vs Liang Jingkun
Zhu Yuling vs Yuan Xuejiao

Evening:

19:00
Zhou Yu vs Ma Long
Li Jiayi vs Wang Manyu

19:25
Zhang Jike vs Fan Zhendong
Lin Gaoyuan vs Xu Chenhao

19:50
Chen Meng vs Ding Ning
Gu Yuting vs Feng Yalan

20:20
Mu Zi vs Liu Shiwen
Wu Yang vs Chen Ke

20:45
Ma Long vs Fan Zhendong
Xu Xin vs Lin Gaoyuan

21:10
Zhang Jike vs Liang Jingkun
Yan An vs Xu Chenhao

21:35
Zhou Yu vs Zhou Qihao
Li Jiayi vs Chen Meng

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
ZJK was announced to quit the 1st stage of the trials (2nd stage: Mar 3-10)
Not sure how to adjust the ranking points as 6 players have played against him

Last edited:
Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
-Good on Fang Bo for getting a win.
-I do hope Xu Xin keeps going in this way. Not sure about him playing "based on routine" (and I really do mean I am not sure, I don't watch enough TT and I'll take your word) but it's good to have a penholder and his reaching out wide on forehands is a joy to see. Also, if we somehow were all colleagues or something, I'd try and be pals with him right away. Something slightly mischievous about him, in a good way, and light-hearted to some extent. At school you'd have sit on the same bench at the back and devised pranks or something.
-I am no trained psychologist but ZJK shows signs of depression, or at least of being prone to it. I haven't seen him play in this tournament, just speaking in a more general manner. I'm hoping he'll fare well and it's probably a good thing he's getting so much support. There's just something that's not quite clicking (sure, that injury can't help). It's part of the appeal of course, hoping he'll cast all doubt aside and storm his way back... Wishing he doesn't burn himself out (body and mind) altogether, story will tell.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Greetings...
Maybe some of you enjoyed the screaming of his fangirls after EACH rally but many people found it annoying.

Interesting. Maybe the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

After just having watched matches of the German National Championships, i must say I felt a bit ashamed of the lack of expressing emotions of my people. If you look into their faces everyone seems so serious and not like having a good time and a lot fun.
Almost like watching a drama at a theater or at a funeral.

It doesn't have to be like this Beatles-mania-like crowd, but if i had to choose between the two, i probably would choose the latter.
[Emoji6]
Just sayin'

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Well, if you watched the trials, you can tell ZJK's fangirls from others not only because there are more of them. ML, XX, FZD also have quite a lot of fangirls who cheered for them after great rallies or when they were trailing, but usually the fans did not cheer or scream after EVERY rally like ZJK's fangirls did and leave some time for the fans of the opponents to cheer. LGL said the players need to be trained to play in such a disturbing environment. So not a really bad thing for the players but not quite friendly for the audience.

I bet in WTTC this year, you will appreciate the screaming power of ZJK's fangirls. Just be prepared :p

Interesting. Maybe the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

After just having watched matches of the German National Championships, i must say I felt a bit ashamed of the lack of expressing emotions of my people. If you look into their faces everyone seems so serious and not like having a good time and a lot fun.
Almost like at a theater Drama or a funeral.

It doesn't have to be like this Beatles-mania-like crowd, but if i had to choose between the two, i probably would choose the latter.
[Emoji6]
Just sayin'

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
ZJK suffers from mental problems. As I see, he's physically well, but after a tough loss he got destroyed. Vs XU Xin he played very well in the first set, lost 12-10 in the second and in the third he just stand at one place .I didn't see the ZJK Zhou Yu match, but the score speaks for itself. Xu Chenchao and Liu Dingshuo were good, they deserved the win.
If he wakes up and beats ML (and a few other at least) I think he will get a place in the WTTC team. Why? Because he is the favourite of Liu Guoliang. He deserves it? Based on his performance, not, but if consider his experience maybe. What I see is that he and ML are the only ones who play strategically and tactically. FZD and XX mostly play from routine. Fang Bo and Yan An are both stable internationally, but their ratio is just too bad. We have seen Zhou Yu lost to an european player (?Mengel Steffen?). Liang Jingkun can't stand pressure. I would choose Liu Dingshuo, but he doesn't have experience in big international men's tournaments. Lin Gaoyuan seems an excellent pick but we have to wait until the end of the tournament. I think Zhou Qihao is far away from the WTTC team and Xu Chenchao doesn't have enough experience (and I don't like him therefore I wouldn't put him in).
My WTTC team:
1. Ma Long
2. Fan Zhendong
3. Xu Xin
4 and 5.Zhang Jike/Liu Dingshuo

wait...i think ZJK is mentally strong, he may be one of the CNT members that dont have serious mental problems. I watched the videos he played, he looked really painful when he had to run and catch the ball. In the second set vs Zhouyu, zjk can only barely stand and giving up everything.
imo, zjk is not the favorite of LGL, but LGL trust him so much because zjk never lose to a "foreigner" since he participated single at og, wttc and wc in 2010. however, if he cant fully recover in these 2 months i would also suggest him to not play at wttc this year.