Who do you think will win the Indian Open 2017?

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Yuto Muramatsu

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Yuya Oshima

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Paul Drinkhall

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Benedict Duda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robert Gardos

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Masataka Morizono

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Harimoto played very well, Ovtcharov was 100% prepared and focused for that final. But came 4-0 ahead. But the kid did fight very well, especially in the 4th from 3-9 to 12-14, saving 3 match points, and showed us why he is already a (junior) world champion, and ITTF U21 World Tour winner at 13 (Japan Open !)

If the bookie odds are good, i'm ready to bet on Harimoto next time he plays Ovtcharov because if he has some specific training on how receiving that tomahawk and BH serves, it won't be that easy for Dima !!!

says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
Jun 2016
Read 6 reviews
ovtcharov equipment in semi final vcvb.jpg

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
harimoto plays good.so young.but so annoying to watch .always barks like a dog.should have prohibited such a screaming.look at the other japanese guys,so quiet and cool,niwa,mizutani,oshima.is it because harimoto is chinese origin?

Quote=garrison;180900]oh shit harimoto will have adrenalin in every part of his body i hope dima is prepared for this :d
[/quote]

lol Chinese refuse to be blamed... They don't like Harimoto either cuz he's too noisy.

dima's serves were the difference in the final. It was quite evident that he studied TH's game, never really gave the kid the kind of balls that he likes to pounce on. His serve, attack, counter loops and service returns were much better. The kid is going to be a world champion someday.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
I used to remember getting excited about young Mizutani's progress when he was 15 and had a world ranking of 200 ish.

It's quite scary how Harimoto has acieved so much more as 13 years old kid. My only wish now is that I'd like to see few more of these prodigies spring up from European region!