Review of the STIGA Mantra Rubber

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
i never played tybhar rubbers but i played omega v euro ... and it is a big difference ... genesis looks like euro jap rubber but you have play with it like with chinese rubbers ... however some kind of strokes are more like euro ... for example push does not need this sharp angle like chinese rubbers . the speed is comparable but the grip is much better on stiga and also stiga has more control due softer top sheet and is much better in close to table . flick are eassier... but flat hits are veird on stiga ... the ball just does not now where to fly. spin on drive shots is better for omega but loops are better on stiga ... and from my humble opinion stiga has more gears and the biggest advantage is the weight ... this is just light rubber ,which i need for my heavy blades.

Last edited:
says Aging is a killer
i never played tybhar rubbers but i played omega v euro ... and it is a big difference ... genesis looks like euro jap rubber but you have play with it like with chinese rubbers ... however some kind of strokes are more like euro ... for example push does not need this sharp angle like chinese rubbers . the speed is comparable but the grip is much better on stiga and also stiga has more control due softer top sheet and is much better in close to table . flick are eassier... but flat hits are veird on stiga ... the ball just does not now where to fly. spin on drive shots is better for omega but loops are better on stiga ... and from my humble opinion stiga has more gears and the biggest advantage is the weight ... this is just light rubber ,which i need to my heavy blades.

When you say that the Stiga is light, which one are talking about, Genesis or Mantra?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Fan Zhendong and other STIGA players on the China National Team testing Mantra!

Hope Dan can gives us a full review of the Mantra series soon but before that let's hear some brief comments from several CNT players. Too bad they don't tell us the hardness they are testing and what other rubbers they are comparing to so we can only guess. :)

FZD's comment
Because I have tested their rubbers before and this is the latest so there is some differences. I feel more comfy in attacks and some fine tune of rubber is needed in defense. I find the hardness is quite good, including the generation of spin is not bad. I believe a player needs to find a rubber that suits and I find this rubber plays well.

Qi Yibiao's comment
This rubber combo is fast in rally. Grip well in attack. Short fast return is nice, defense is ok. Spin is strong. Trajectory is a bit short. Good at control. Good at both far and close table looping.

ZYL's comment
From its bounce, grip and ball feel, it is similar to what CNT is using. Other thing is that I need to spend more time to get used to the sponge, that includes competitions in different environment and size of space for me to adapt. I don't know how many degree of hardness they have but the one I use suits me well.

Xu Yingbin's comment
I find the sponge has much better grip than before. Also the spin level is increased.

spin for the genesis M and mx-s are almost the same with the mx-s edging the genesis rubber. arc is higher for the mx-s and it feels harder. i woudl say the mx-s has more gears though. can't say much against the omega europe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Excellent review guys. I recently bought the Stiga infinity blade and need your advice on the rubber setup. I was thinking of having Tenergy 64 FX on the BH and Mantra Medium on the FH. Is this setup good? And should I go for the 1.9 sponge thickness for better control? Please advise

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
This thread unfortunately died out fast. I am surmising for lack of interest, but if someone is actually using Mantra, I was wondering how well does it open up against servers, particularly underspin and how much effort is required. I am getting old.Thanks.