Where to buy Armstrong 8 which Ai Fukuhara uses?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
She actualy changes her equipment quite frequently.
Even though she's settled with Attack 8 on BH for few years, the thickness and the hardness have always been tweaked.

The most common setting she uses is midium pimple, 1.6mm thickness, and hard sponge(48 to 53 degrees).

Even though Attack 8 is listed as mid-pips, it plays very similar to long-pips rubber and therefore very very hard to attack with it. Fukuhara makes it look like it's easy to BH smash but it's hard for even the experienced mid-pips player let alone Tenergy user, so beware!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
She actualy changes her equipment quite frequently.
Even though she's settled with Attack 8 on BH for few years, the thickness and the hardness have always been tweaked.

The most common setting she uses is midium pimple, 1.6mm thickness, and hard sponge(48 to 53 degrees).

Even though Attack 8 is listed as mid-pips, it plays very similar to long-pips rubber and therefore very very hard to attack with it. Fukuhara makes it look like it's easy to BH smash but it's hard for even the experienced mid-pips player let alone Tenergy user, so beware!

exactly, i don't understand how its possible at all to play with this kind of rubber ! I can do nothing out of it...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
exactly, i don't understand how its possible at all to play with this kind of rubber ! I can do nothing out of it...

It just slides of your BH when trying to smash doesn't it? And even if you can manage to hit it, it goes everywhere. Fukuhara is a freak(or rather, putting freakish amount of time practicing it).

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
It just slides of your BH when trying to smash doesn't it? And even if you can manage to hit it, it goes everywhere. Fukuhara is a freak(or rather, putting freakish amount of time practicing it).

I guess she is just trying to do something differently do defeat CNT because those girls are accustomed to almost anything.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
I guess she is just trying to do something differently do defeat CNT because those girls are accustomed to almost anything.

I guess so. We used to have a restriction on equipment for U12 players that we must use pips(to be less reliant on spin which is stupid) so she's been playing that way ever since she was 3.

When she was doing well against CNT players, it was mostly with Spectol so I'm not sure if that was a good move in the end.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Ok it was few years ago and I do not have all emails from that time, but I remember I ordered it from http://iruiru.com/goods_list.php?ct=A#Armstrong
First I wrote the email asking about her rubber adn the guy told me that she uses personal rubber which is not for sale but this is deffinitely Amrnstrong Attack 8 with very hard sponge about 60 degrees. I wanted rubber more better for looping and he adviced me softer version, that is why I ordered 41 degrees.

JMC

This user has no status.
This is such an old thread, but I remember how much of a pain it was finding information on Armstrong attack 8. As was mentioned tt Japan is the best place to order from, because of the wide selection. Attack 8 comes in M type which has more long pimple characteristics (easier passive reversal) or L type which has more short pimple characteristics (possible to reverse with good touch, but passive hits will “deaden” or remove some incoming spin.

Attacking is possible with both types of pips but in my opinion it’s easier with L type. As for sponge thickness I prefer 1.3-1.5 Which for some reason is listed as 2.5-3.0 on the tt Japan website.

Heres a match where both my opponent (1850 USATT) and I (1750 USATT) are using Attack 8. I’m in the red using attack 8 L type (in red) and my opponent is in black using attack 8 m type (his pips are black).

https://youtu.be/fKenGo4K6M8?t=96

Last edited: