Black Metal Tag Butterfly price inflation

says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015
With my little knowledge of table tennis equipment, generally speaking, butterfly old black tag has good reputation about their quality.The other brand old blades are the same. They are classic, beautiful and have more taste than the new one, some of the blades are just like a piece of art (my option). Because they are discontinued, very rare to get hold of, people are buying them for all sorts of reasons.

There is one thing I can mention here is that manufacturer do change the design of the products, we should have some knowledge about it . For example, Viscaria old black tag 2nd generation or with serial number has slightly wide flat handle. J K L M N series old silver tag has wide thicker handle. The size of Maze old black tag blade is smaller than the old silver tag, which means the balance of the blade will be different.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Like I mentioned previously, I'm all for people paying more for black tags because they are more aesthetically attractive or it's old and rare. But I'd be sad to see kids saving up to buy "vintage" blades one day because they were conned into believing that it plays like a dream compared to newer blades.

There's no way Butterfly make changes to the manufacturing process to cut the cost by sacrificing the quality, at least construction wise.
Only case I'd pay more for older blades would be to old Butterfly J-pen single ply Hinoki or old Darker blades when better quality Hinoki was readily available than today. But even then, a chance of picking up a better quality blade is pretty slim.

If you have couple hundred dollars to burn, ordering a blade from Butterly custom made factory is always a better option. They have better materials, better craftsman and you can specify the exact measurement you would like.