Who do you think will win the Qatar Open 2017?

• Ma Long

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
Oh Fang Bo, now a totally failed serve at 10-9 to lose 10-12... Liu is thinking that he better not be coming home :D

I didn't see the point, but the thing with LJK is that these guys do not get such a chance very often. For Kenta and others this may be a tough loss, but they can try again at the next tournament. For Liang to go out in the first round would be devastating. Of course if he saw it it is unsportsmanlike, but in the heat of the moment you may not always be in total control of your mind.

Reactions: Jonathan_
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Shame about JYS, poor form this week in singles and doubles. Was looking forward to a match against Dima.

Prediction:

Ma Long def. Liao Cheng Ting 4-0

Li Ping def. Kim Minseok 4-2
Freitas def. Mengel 4-0
Pucar def. Alamiyan 4-3

Wong Chun Ting def. Filus 4-3
Chuang Chih Yuan def. Kou Lei 4-1
Niwa def. Walther 4-1
Zhang Jike def. Apolonia 4-1

Xu Xin def. Salifou 4-0
Fang Bo def. Jang Woojin 4-3
Liang Jingkun def. Matsudaira 4-3
Karlsson def. Samsonov 4-2

Ovtcharov def. Jiang Tianyi 4-2
Jeoung Youngsik def. Yoshida 4-1
Robles def. Al Mohannadi 4-2
Fan Zhendong def. Oshima 4-2

Putting my faith in Liang Jingkun. I like Kenta but the importance of this match for LJK is enormous.
Jang Woojin shouldn't be overlooked against Fang Bo.

Overall really successful 15/16 prediction, with 10/15 correct set scores! Pretty proud of myself for predicting the four 7-setters :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Oh Fang Bo, now a totally failed serve at 10-9 to lose 10-12... Liu is thinking that he better not be coming home :D

I didn't see the point, but the thing with LJK is that these guys do not get such a chance very often. For Kenta and others this may be a tough loss, but they can try again at the next tournament. For Liang to go out in the first round would be devastating. Of course if he saw it it is unsportsmanlike, but in the heat of the moment you may not always be in total control of your mind.

I dont care!
YOU DESERVE TO WIN OR NOT, and he DIDNT.

Reactions: Nilsragnar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Have u guys seen the last point between Kenta and Liang Jingkun??
1. Does anyone think it was IN? Or everybody knows (as I do) it was OUT??
And more important:
2. Does anyone think Liang Jingkun was not cheating, cellebrating the point? I believe he cheated on purpose.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
He's having a fever and a swollen ankle today :( I think he played very wisely. Hope he'll get well soon!
yeah he's having a swollen ankle again but b4 his game against tiago apolonia he had a bad fever as he told . he played so well in spite of his disease , he really has got a good fighting spirit . let's see the pictures :

photo_2017-02-24_00-44-14.jpg
photo_2017-02-24_00-44-44.jpg
photo_2017-02-24_01-21-15.jpg
And they did cupping ( if im right ) on his back cause of his fever . here is the pic :

photo_2017-02-24_00-45-00.jpg
photo_2017-02-24_00-45-11.jpg

Last edited:
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Round of 16 Schedule

Ma Long vs Li Ping
Marcos Freitas vs Tomislav Pucar
Wong Chun Ting vs Chuang Chih Yuan
Koki Niwa vs Zhang Jike

Xu Xin vs Fang Bo
Liang Jingkun vs Mattias Karlsson
Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Masaki Yoshida
Alvaro Robles vs Fan Zhendong

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews

What you state it totally understandable especially from LJK'S point of view . BUT I dont think he will get away with it even if he won the match. The coaches will still spank him for struggling like that against an inferior player. Matsudaira has improved a lot last year and has given good fights against the chinese (lost 4-2 against ML & ZJK in china & japen open 2016 with very good prospects) but still is not at the same level . I hope this doesnt affect him in his next encounters after all he should keep that fact that he managed to go all the way against a CNT top gun, its just a pro tour after all. Small significance

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi