Who do you think will win the Qatar Open 2017?

• Ma Long

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
already over for Japanese superstar HIRANO. She had a tough encounter with a young Chinese, GU Yuting, and well she lost, not really a surprise.

i will be very tough also for ISHIKAWA against WANG Manyu, the odds are for the Chinese.
but we had already some surprises today with WU Yang beaten 3-4 by Partyka and the Grand Slam Winner Doubles Pair MA Long - ZJK beaten by the Karlssons !!! HU Melek also out to MORIZONO Misaki

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
FZD completely took Oshima apart. This feels an awful lot like the China Open after the Olympics last year. Could beat two other Chinese players comfortably if ti comes to that. My pick to win the tournament at the moment.

You should place a bet.. quite accurate ;-)

Haha thank you! :D

Freitas vs Mengel
1:1 so I twon't trust you

Trust me now? :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Wow, what a horrible ending to a complete monster of a match :(

LJK was incredibly clutch from 9-9 in the sixth and 8-10 in the decider. When he went up 11-10 in the decider he looked completely numb. One of the best matches I have seen in recent years, and the last point was amazing up until the controversy.

If I had to call it as a neutral umpire from my PC screen, I think Matsudaira was right, but it's hardly possible to make a quality decision like this. After the point was called in favor of LJK, he was deliberately shaking hands as quick as possible with both umpires. Not the classiest of behaviors, but legitimate since it was the umpire's decision.

On top of that, this match for LJK wasn't an ordinary match. If he lost to a foreigner from 5-1 up in the seventh game I doubt he would have gotten another chance. Heartbreaking for Kenta, but there is no question who needed this more.

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Wow, what a horrible ending to a complete monster of a match :(

LJK was incredibly clutch from 9-9 in the sixth and 8-10 in the decider. When he went up 11-10 in the decider he looked completely numb. One of the best matches I have seen in recent years, and the last point was amazing up until the controversy.

If I had to call it as a neutral umpire from my PC screen, I think Matsudaira was right, but it's hardly possible to make a quality decision like this. After the point was called in favor of LJK, he was deliberately shaking hands as quick as possible with both umpires. Not the classiest of behaviors, but legitimate since it was the umpire's decision.

On top of that, this match for LJK wasn't an ordinary match. If he lost to a foreigner from 5-1 up in the seventh game I doubt he would have gotten another chance. Heartbreaking for Kenta, but there is no question who needed this more.

This only shows that I was right!
Liang is not there yet.
He looks like he is that good, because he knows the chinese and that is all.
Any good player from top 20 has a good chance against him.
And what he did was WRONG!
Rules say that HE must admit it was an edge if the umpire didnt see it.
I am sure he knew it was side and not edge.
We all saw it.
From now on, Liang is an as..hole for me.
Just the same like the chinese woman who did this years ago to Fukuhara.
This should be a sport of gentlemans and not liars like this.

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
This only shows that I was right!
Liang is not there yet.
He looks like he is that good, because he knows the chinese and that is all.
Any good player from top 20 has a good chance against him.
And what he did was WRONG!
Rules say that HE must admit it was an edge if the umpire didnt see it.
I am sure he knew it was side and not edge.
We all saw it.
From now on, Liang is an as..hole for me.
Just the same like the chinese woman who did this years ago to Fukuhara.
This should be a sport of gentlemans and not liars like this.

If he saw it - Absolutely, poor sportsmanship.
And yeah, he is not on the same level yet, but I actually think he is better than he may show in these matches outside China. Just sad that this is the reality for great Chinese players.