This says andro about replacing Rasant rubbers bye the new Rasanter

This user has no status.
I asked andro for an official statement regarding the end of the famous rubber series andro Rasant. The original statement you can find on my blog:

http://www.tt-spin.de/das-sagt-andro-zum-rasant-aus/

Below the translation is made by me:

Why is the Rasant rubber series removed from the range?

True to the motto "The best is the enemy of the good", we decided to replace the Rasant series with the soon available RASANTER-series.

We believe with RASANTER we have developed a rubber technology that will bring great benefits to at least the same group of tabletennis players, which has previously played Rasant.

These advantages, especially in terms of spin, speed and performance, are so serious that this decision was the only logical consequence.

However, we would also like to point out that the Rasant Chaos (long pimples) will continue to be available.

How long do the stocks of Rasant rubbers last?

Rasant is an internationally successful rubber series, which is subject to constant demand.

Accordingly, it is hardly possible to make a statement in this regard.

Currently it is so, that already some colors / thicknesses are no longer available, whereby the mainly demanded variants are still available.

When will the rubbers disappear from the ITTF LARC?

Here again, the indication that Rasant is an internationally very successful rubber series.

Accordingly, there are no plans to remove the rubbers from the list.

What is your recommendation for previous andro Rasant players?

In principle, it should be noted that we will replace six Rasant rubbers with six RASANTERS.
During development process, we focused on producing a meaningful structure within the RASANTER series with regard to sponge hardness and surface profiles.
In addition, RASANTER can be regarded as a new development, but clearly has the DNA of an andro Rasant.
In short, we are convinced that every previous Rasant player will find something in the RASANTER series and can only recommend looking at the novelty andro RASANTER.

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I am really interested to see what the topsheet is going to look like, especially the pip structures.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Rasant rubbers where loosing grip to fast even when they where brand new.I tried Power Grip and the Beat and I was very unhappy with the quality. Germans where always about quality and the precision.

You know that every ESN Tensor rubber comes from Germany, right? ;-)

But it´s true. The rubber mixture of the Rasants is not as long lasting as andro Hexer for example.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
When will the rubbers disappear from the ITTF LARC?

Here again, the indication that Rasant is an internationally very successful rubber series.

Accordingly, there are no plans to remove the rubbers from the list.

From what I read, it sounds more like Andro will let the Rasant line slowly fade based on demand rather than fully pulling the plug while there are people who want to use them.

I could be wrong but it sounds more like Andro is just trying to get people ready for their new line of rubbers and they think people who already like the Rasant line, will like the Rasanter line more. So, they are preparing people for the idea of the Rasant line fading into the distance at some point.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
So, they are preparing people for the idea of the Rasant line fading into the distance at some point.

Generally, this may be so - but if you happen to play with a certain model and thickness that is already no longer available for back order you may be facing a quicker fade than others ...

This user has no status.
I am really interested to see what the topsheet is going to look like, especially the pip structures.

1bc1f152.jpg1b83ed62.jpg9dbc3c8a.jpg233cb436.jpg

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
It looks as if the Rasanter series is available in Japan, and its first reception seems warm: http://tabletennis-reference.com/rubber/search/flag_ura .

Tempted to try the R42 at some point in the maybe not too distant future...

[FONT=メイリオ]厚さはウルトラマックス。スピード、回転、コントロールのバランスが良くオールラウンドプレイがしやすかった。自分は相手によってラケットを変えてるが、R47もそうだけどこのラバーを貼ったラケットは遠距離から打つのにも向いてるので、攻撃まんと戦うのいい。

[/FONT]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Is your store in Cologne or Dortmund?
[Emoji6]
If not quite a few smaller shops should still have some in store.

Well, he said in the future.

Two things, from the first post with the statement on: The Rasant series will vanish completely over time. And some models and thicknesses are already sold out at andro, while shops may have supplies they cannot back order.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
True.
But actually I just was pointing out that they won't just disappear over night. Actually if one has like 4 or 5 rubbers as backup one could still be using them for some time so no need to panic.
But you're right: nevertheless sooner or later one would have to reconsider and find something else.

This user has no status.
I'm not going to make the switch to Rasanter. I was used to andro Rasant Powergrip 1.9 on my backhand. It was not ideal because of the extreme hardness but I didn't want to change because I was playing a very good season. Since I heard the Rasant PG is being discontinued I felt the urge to change.

Since last weekend I changed my backhand rubber to Vega Pro. It should work fine too. My backhand counter will probably have less power but it should be easier to open up the rally with the Vega Pro.