H3 neo provincal vs Donic coppa jo gold

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Hey guys i've found a shop selling the 6-cuts h3 neo provincial. I have a gift of $50 dollars and I'm willing to try it. However, i once used the what i believed to be the commercial version and it was slow. Hence, i changed to a recommended european tensor. I've used it for quiet some time now and i enjoyed the increased speed to a certain extent. However, it could be due to my chinese style loop that i produced many unforced errors on my forehand shots. So is it time for me to change back to h3 neo provincial for the benefits of its control ,spin, and durability and many gears?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
If you have a Chinese style loop then just know that a rubber is only as slow as your technique. Your problem is most likely the combination of the blade and rubber choice. With harder rubbers like H3 Neo you'd want a medium flex blade to possibly medium hard. This would give you the speed you'd want on your forehand. Make sure you're contacting the ball in your sweet spot and not brushing over it like many people do. When you brush over the ball it will always be slower than if you loop the ball with your sweet spot. And seeing as a forehand should always be faster and more powerful than a backhand you'd want the extra control anyways to give you a tactical edge rather than a technical one.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One thing to be aware of, it is a big switch to go from Euro rubber to something like H3 NEO. It might take a while to get used to. If you do switch, give it a chance. It is going to feel slower than the Euro rubbers but it is great for serving, receiving, short game and looping underspin so your game skills should go up once you are used to using it. If you do change, give it at least a month of trying it out. In that amount of time you should be able to tell if it is right for you or not. I have liked the switch to H3 NEO on my forehand a lot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
@ ttmonster - I deal exclusively with Zeropong as I'm a zp dealer, but that's also in the U.S. So couldn't say about ttnp. Price regardless should be around 20 USD

@ Carl - it's so true, but I would say give it 3 months of steady practice for 3-4 days a week for about 2 hours each day. If you haven't enjoyed the ability to loop underspin or serve with great spin and keep it short then you'll know if you're a euro style or asian one.

@ Bryce - That's only half of it. The arm does need to be extended usually 140-170 degrees, but the key is to use your legs to lift the ball with underspin or drive the ball forward and at the moment of contact to bend the arm to a 90 degree angle upwards and forward this gives the most amount of spin and the most amount of speed to the ball.

@ moriguchi - H3 Neo is not tensored to my knowledge as it does not curl up when opened. It's packaged really well and in my opinion one of the top rubbers to have been developed since the speed glue ban. H3 Neo Sponge is a bit softer than the original #19 sponge, but it has a different air cell structure and that gives it really awesome gears. I can hit with the best of them and I literally have not found a problem with this rubber. When your technique is at the 1500 US level this rubber will help with just about any problems you might have. I haven't found anything I can't do in a game with it. Serve, block, push, chop, loop, smash, drive, counter you name it I've tested it. And it lasts forever.