the story of Liang Jingkun

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
This is not true story, just my observation. I wonderif you agree with me.

LJK is quite young player and among his teammates athis age he has quite big competition. Until 2016 he was performing just ok. Hehad few chances in international stage but he lost to non Chinese players whichcannot be accepted in China. In China Super League he was just second handplayer like Yan An, Zhou Yu or Fang Bo. He is playing in Bazhou where he is thebest player, but competition is not high, so he is considered as no 1 playerthere.
There was no special expectation for him playing in ChinaLeague just to win with poorer opponents, try to win with second hand playersmentioned above and maybe try to fight with best players like ML, XX and FZD.So situation for him was very comfortable. Probably he worked hard and that iswhy his scores started going up and low pressure helped him a lot. So he madebig surprises defeating all best players in China. Then when he was playing insemifinal league there was also no pressure to beat Ma Long, he was again quitecomfortable. Of course he has beaten him before but ML is the best player inthe world so nobody will complain if he loose. But there was somethingdifferent in the final, after beating ML again there was little pressure comingup. People started thinking that maybe it was not surprise during the leaguebut he is really better. The crucial moment was in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] set withFZD while ZJK was leading 9:5, he lost his concentration and lost this set.
Later on they put him international stage to Hungary,he went through group stage but then he met Yan An who defeated LJK in allcases last time. There was tough fight but finally LJK failed. But this can beaccepted.
Next thing is LGL speech about fighting spirit and acompetition, maybe few players were motivated but I am not sure if LJK was oneof them, he again had big wins, but also easy loses.
So now they tried him out in the best internationaltournament, where all best players take part. In the first round he was notlucky again, he met Kenta Matsudaira who beat him few years ago in polish open(LJK was leading 3:1), and also Kenta playing quite good lately. There wastough fight but finally he won the match, although the performance of LJK wasnot great, he had big problems with receiving long serves. Playing with Karlssonwas easier since the opponent is not that high ranked. But then he met Fang Bowho already beat XX. LJK won with him in CSL, but this time it was disaster. Somany high balls into his FH were wasted. He totally lost his mind.

without taking into account next stage of china top 12I do not think LGL can trust him this year in World Team Championships.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
In my opinion, LJK has wins against some top CNT players because he knows their game and he has no pressure to perform against them. In international competitions, he has lot of pressure and crumbles under it. I also can't find anything special in his technique. His forehand lacks power of ML, FZD or XX and backhand is OK. On top of that, his agility in court is affected by his weight. At this point of time, I highly doubt he is a grand slam champ material. He might end up as another Fang Bo at best.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I remember when once XX was talking to some jurnalist after the match with Shibaev, where he struggled a lot. He said that shibaev style is similar to Chinese style, and that is why he struggled.
LJK style is also very fast and at the same time quite unique because he plays very close to the table, but if your techinque an timing is not perfect then you can miss a lot of shots. He very seldom goes for the long distance rallies adn tries to finish the points ASAP.
Again his ability to adapt to different style of players is not very good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
The CNT will continue to develop athletes like Liang. He's a solid player who just needs more experience. With Ma Long, Zhang Jike, and Xu Xin all approaching the twilight of their careers, the CNT can't afford not to. Perhaps he should start yelling more. That seems to be all the rage these days.

I'm also rooting for Liang to make the world team because then the tournament will be much more competitive. I'm tired of seeing China win all the time. Haha!

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
RISING SUN ...

[size=+3]Liang Jingkun rising Sun of china..[/size] Meaty rear bodypart, meaty torso much like Herculesus. I do trust for him, very much.
[size=+2]Yasaka Nippon Enterprise [/Size] is really proud of the boy, and justly so. He is going to replace Ma Long from CNT, he is going to enter China Olympic team likewise.
God speed, Jingkung my dear honey. top top.

Last edited:
Reactions: akoozab
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I am not sold on this interpretation. Mine is the following.

LJK is one of the two most powerful players in CNT, the other being Fan Zhendong. LJK had always being overweight and despite fine technique and good power, had underperformed. He also has tactical limitations, not always reading the flow of the game.

The biggest thing that happened to his game in the last year and a half or so is that he has lost a lot of weight. This is the big change that has made him more consistent against more opponents. CNT needs a player with the caliber of LJK power to join FZD as it is not going to be easy to contain Harimoto.

LJK also has the best overall backhand play on the CNT.

Everyone has mental issues, you let them resolve with experience and age.

Reactions: RidTheKid