Got a fake stiga clipper wood from Taobao

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Do you have similiar experience?
Bought a stiga clipper wood from taobao shop, today received the blade and the shape is not symmetrical.....
Asked for a refund and have to send back the blade to china !

Should buy the JTTAA version from japan shop iruiru...but it was like SGD$140 vs SGD$90 from taobao.

FullSizeRender (2).jpgFullSizeRender (3).jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I wish I can help further but it is still hard to tell from the picture as it is not exactly a square on top shot and somehow distort by the wrapping with logos. BTW I have just shot mine and I do have a feeling that it is not symmetrical as well. :rolleyes: Hope you can get your case solved.

clipper.jpg

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Otot you live in Singapore? Why dont you just go to sinten and buy. The last time i bought Stiga Clipper Cr WRB from them cost $96 only. $9 more hassle-free experience and can check quality of blade at site i think its worth :) . You can call them to check price of Stiga clipper, go google search sinten sports

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Otot you live in Singapore? Why dont you just go to sinten and buy. The last time i bought Stiga Clipper Cr WRB from them cost $96 only. $9 more hassle-free experience and can check quality of blade at site i think its worth :) . You can call them to check price of Stiga clipper, go google search sinten sports

yes, i asked before.....they dont have stiga clipper wood...........

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
this is from the stiga official web site photo, same?

View attachment 12462

If you compare the shape between Cpen and Shakehand then the blade face is surely different. The shakehand has a smaller face (151x157 mm) comparing to Cpen (151x161 mm) which is more squarish and longer.

clpper 2.jpg

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Yes, thanks will try that too!

Just a heads up, if you buy the blade together with rubber, you can ask the uncle give you discount or throw in free bat cover. Usually he will do it but must buy blade + rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One thing you should know is that Stiga is notoriously bad with finishing touches on products. I've gotten rackets from them that had weird splintering at the edges. Ones where the logo in the lens was put in at an angle.

But then you do the finishing touches yourself by sanding, filing and sealing and they still play well.

It is almost like the guy making the blade left it on the work table a few moments before he was done and then forgot to do the finishing touches and they put it in the box without him realizing.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hi Carl ,

i have checked the product code verification in the china stiga website.
it shown as genuine stiga blade.

Yea , I guess it is made in china not in Sweden.

Guess that's why the JTTAA version is more expensive for the quality check.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It does not matter where Stiga products come from. They are poor on the finishing details. And I think the Stiga products that are made for the Chinese market are made as well as the ones made for the European and USA markets. And regardless of which market it is from, I believe they are still made in Sweden. Stiga is well known, infamous, for being bad at finishing and quality control.

I used to rationalize and make excuses for how this is so consistently the case. Once you do the finishing touches yourself to fix their bungling, the blades play really nicely. But that doesn't change the fact that there is something not quite right with the fact that more than 75% of their blades have quality control or finishing detail issues.

Take it how you want. But it is a fact that Stiga is known for this.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
i´m china guangzhou right now visit my wife family´s and since a two weeks i´m training in the guangzhou center sport and in the outdoors sell all kind of rackets, i watch a lot of STIGA blades with that plastic, if you want i can check and take some pictures and ask for the price, but for now enjoy the blade i watch a lot of brands here but in the stores told you if is produced here in china or from japan or from other country, BTW the quality like the members said is the same (some problem with STIGA on the finish that´s a fact! ); by another side, my friend ,who is a provincial player in the club, use clipper CR WRB i will ask him where he bought that clipper,regards!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
i´m china guangzhou right now visit my wife family´s and since a two weeks i´m training in the guangzhou center sport and in the outdoors sell all kind of rackets, i watch a lot of STIGA blades with that plastic, if you want i can check and take some pictures and ask for the price, but for now enjoy the blade i watch a lot of brands here but in the stores told you if is produced here in china or from japan or from other country, BTW the quality like the members said is the same (some problem with STIGA on the finish that´s a fact! ); by another side, my friend ,who is a provincial player in the club, use clipper CR WRB i will ask him where he bought that clipper,regards!

Hi Juan,

Maybe help me ask what rubbers to use for beginner/intermediate trying to develop stroke for looping and RPB.

I just paste new rubber H8 (39 degree /2.1m / mid hard) for my FB and Mark V (2.0mm) for my BH

p/s: H8 (mid hard) seem heavy on my 92gram blade :(

IMG_4760.jpgIMG_4763.jpg

Last edited: