Xiom Omega V Euro vs Omega V Pro

Hi all,
I have been looking into the Omega V series as potential replacements for my TB Spark after the rubbers on it wear off. On my BH I was thinking about the Omega V Pro and Omega V Euro. I have heard a lot of nice things about both of these rubbers and their effectiveness on the backhand side. Euro is supposed to be spinnyer and more bouncy. (Not a huge fan of bouncy rubbers) I want to know which one is harder, faster, has a higher throw angle, and is better for the backhand. (on tt11's blog there is a review but he evaluates them as FH rubbers)
Thanks

pro is harder sponge
euro is softer

if your are using vega pro both sides now, then go omega v pro both sides

imo, euro is more a backhand rubber (like FX series, ie T05FX)

So omega v pro plays similar to vega pro just faster. For BH euro is better than pro right.

Then go for mx-p. Its a med throw with better dynamics than omega v euro/pro. It is slightly less bouncy, more spinny, and more powerful.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I have used MX-P before but the throw angle is too low for me and the rubbers are not very durable especially compared to Xiom. (My blade has a low throw)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Tony's answer is a good one. I would go with that.

There is something I want to address from your post though:

....and is better for the backhand. (on tt11's blog there is a review but he evaluates them as FH rubbers)
Thanks

The question that needs to be asked here is: WHOSE BH?

Rubbers are not really FH or BH rubbers. They are rubbers. As such they do certain things well and other things not so well. There is always a tradeoff when changing to a rubber that does certain things well.

For instance, often a rubber that is spinnier, will also be more reactive to incoming spin. A rubber that is not as reactive to incoming spin will not be as able to generate spin.

So the real question for you would be, what kind of rubber will be good for YOUR BH. Because a rubber that is good for someone else's BH may not be so good for yours.

If the person who you say evaluates OV as a FH rubber, you may be able to understand whether it will work for your BH or not anyway. Because the rubber will do the same things well on either wing.

So, H3 which performs really well when you get massive impact and full arm swings is better for FH not because it is better for FH. Instead it is better for FH because most people don't get the kind of impact from BH that they do on FH. Most people's BH is a smaller stroke. But H3 may work really well for a guy like Kreanga on the BH.

Euro/Japanese rubbers usually work well for small or large swings although on the really giant swings you won't get as linear a response and you won't get as much control with a Euro/Japanese rubbers as you will with H3. So the question you are asking about how it performs as a BH rubber kind of misses the point.

However, OV Pro and Europe are very good for serving and mid-distance looping but are not as good for blocking or returning serves because of how reactive to spin they are.

However, if you are using and used to Vega Pro on both sides, then OV Pro or Euro should be fine for you for either wing. I would go with pro if you have been used to pro. But pro and Euro are very close. Pro actually has a harder topsheet and a slightly harder sponge than Euro.

OV Pro is not simply faster and spinnier than Vega Pro. The sponge is different. The topsheet is different. They will perform differently. You will feel the ball more with OV. OV will be more linear. But it will be recognizable as a progression from the Vega series.

But a few questions:

1) how would you describe what you do well with your BH?

2) how would you describe what your BH does not do well?

3) how well do you loop vs backspin with your BH?

4) how well do you counterloop with your BH?

5) what makes you feel you want an upgrade from the rubbers you are using?

Answers to those questions will help you understand if OV is a good choice for you or not.

Certainly better than wondering if a rubber is a good BH rubber without considering that all BHs are different and that a rubber that does well what your BH does well is probably better for you than a rubber that is good for, say, ZJK's BH.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: NextLevel
Tony's answer is a good one. I would go with that.

There is something I want to address from your post though:

The question that needs to be asked here is: WHOSE BH?

Rubbers are not really FH or BH rubbers. They are rubbers. As such they do certain things well and other things not so well. There is always a tradeoff when changing to a rubber that does certain things well.

For instance, often a rubber that is spinnier, will also be more reactive to incoming spin. A rubber that is not as reactive to incoming spin will not be as able to generate spin.

So the real question for you would be, what kind of rubber will be good for YOUR BH. Because a rubber that is good for someone else's BH may not be so good for yours.

If the person who you say evaluates OV as a FH rubber, you may be able to understand whether it will work for your BH or not anyway. Because the rubber will do the same things well on either wing.

So, H3 which performs really well when you get massive impact and full arm swings is better for FH not because it is better for FH. Instead it is better for FH because most people don't get the kind of impact from BH that they do on FH. Most people's BH is a smaller stroke. But H3 may work really well for a guy like Kreanga on the BH.

Euro/Japanese rubbers usually work well for small or large swings although on the really giant swings you won't get as linear a response and you won't get as much control with a Euro/Japanese rubbers as you will with H3. So the question you are asking about how it performs as a BH rubber kind of misses the point.

However, OV Pro and Europe are very good for serving and mid-distance looping but are not as good for blocking or returning serves because of how reactive to spin they are.

However, if you are using and used to Vega Pro on both sides, then OV Pro or Euro should be fine for you for either wing. I would go with pro if you have been used to pro. But pro and Euro are very close. Pro actually has a harder topsheet and a slightly harder sponge than Euro.

OV Pro is not simply faster and spinnier than Vega Pro. The sponge is different. The topsheet is different. They will perform differently. You will feel the ball more with OV. OV will be more linear. But it will be recognizable as a progression from the Vega series.

But a few questions:

1) how would you describe what you do well with your BH?

2) how would you describe what your BH does not do well?

3) how well do you loop vs backspin with your BH?

4) how well do you counterloop with your BH?

5) what makes you feel you want an upgrade from the rubbers you are using?

Answers to those questions will help you understand if OV is a good choice for you or not.

Certainly better than wondering if a rubber is a good BH rubber without considering that all BHs are different and that a rubber that does well what your BH does well is probably better for you than a rubber that is good for, say, ZJK's BH.

Thanks for the info.
What I do good with my BH are flicks, drives, counterloops, punch shots, blocks, and my BH short game is pretty strong (compact fast strokes)
My weaknesses on my BH are opening up against long pushes and and really spinny loops (anything that requires a big or long stroke really)

My open ups are pretty good close to the table but farther away not so good
I can counter pretty well with my BH

The reason I want to upgrade from Vega Pro is the lack of speed I have

Last edited:
Mx-p definitely isn't a high throw rubber like tenergy 05 but low throw? I think medium to hig thrown is more accurated.

The funny thing is how the two characteristic that you don't like I like in mx-p. The throw and the durability. Actually I prefer when the pre tuned effect end

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

I like the pre tuned affect but after it goes then the rubber loses some spin and the topsheet is also not the durable. Gets marks scratches etc quite easily. Xiom rubbers last a long time and a lot of abuse. (I play at home usually and due to the limited space my rubber gets hit on to a lot of stuff)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
In short, does what the rubber do well, line up with what your BH needs from a rubber? That may be the same things your FH needs or not. But that doesn't make the rubber an FH rubber or a BH rubber. That is just a myth. Does the rubber do things well that line up with what you need from a rubber.

In short, does what the rubber do well, line up with what your BH needs from a rubber? That may be the same things your FH needs or not. But that doesn't make the rubber an FH rubber or a BH rubber. That is just a myth. Does the rubber do things well that line up with what you need from a rubber.

Well Vega Pro does do most of what I want it. Sometimes it feels a little too hard for the touch play or flicks. The lack of speed is the main thing especially on aggressive shots or blocks

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks for the info.
What I do good with my BH are flicks, drives, counterloops, punch shots, blocks, and my BH short game is pretty strong (compact fast strokes)
My weaknesses on my BH are opening up against long pushes and and really spinny loops (anything that requires a big or long stroke really)

To me, based on this, it sounds like T05fx, Omega V Europe or Evolution FXP would be good choices for your BH. They will help you improve the weaknesses and work well with your strengths. Take your pick.

To me, based on this, it sounds like T05fx, Omega V Europe or Evolution FXP would be good choices for your BH. They will help you improve the weaknesses and work well with your strengths. Take your pick.

I would take the OV Euro but I have heard that the rubber is very bouncy so would my short game suffer? Is it bouncier than the Vega Pro?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would take the OV Euro but I have heard that the rubber is very bouncy so would my short game suffer? Is it bouncier than the Vega Pro?

I didn't find it that different than OV Pro. A little softer.

However, T05fx and Evo FXP are both awesome. FXP not bouncy but still has good catapult.

I didn't find it that different than OV Pro. A little softer.

However, T05fx and Evo FXP are both awesome. FXP not bouncy but still has good catapult.

Unfortunately tenergy is out of the price range I have and I still have durability issues with Tbhar's evolution rubber. I will probably take the Europe. Thanks for your time and help.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Unfortunately tenergy is out of the price range I have and I still have durability issues with Tbhar's evolution rubber. I will probably take the Europe. Thanks for your time and help.

Europe really should be fine. My memory of it was that it was not really any more "bouncy" than the Pro. They are more similar than they are different. The slight difference between them, the Euro should help you a little with what you don't do as well. But you would be fine with Pro as well.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Thanks for the info.

I think you could try donic sonex jp. It is med soft, hence you wouldn't feel so hard at touch play, plus it is fast, linear, so good for bh drives. You just might loose some spin, but it can be a good choice.
Also, how do you say about the durability issue of mx-p? Do you feel it lost the juice or sponge got deteriorated?
For loss of juice, reglue it, better with a tire puncture tubes. Will give you the original effect a bit and soften the sponge.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk