The Andro Rasanters are available

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
I cannot compare R47 with R50 (as I have never tried R50).

However, R47 is softer than MX-P. Easier to generate spin with than MX-P. Powerful.

I prefer MX-P for serves.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
ok ...i just made first (probably also last ) test of R42 2mm sponge ..... and it is light euro jap bouncy rubber with enough spin but nothing like a spin monster, nothing special (i liked the Grip lot more in spin and feel).... but i`m more on Chinese stile (where this is pure euro jap rubber ) rubbers , so maybe this is more for you ...
It is really remains me on the Rasant Beat .... ..
I will stick with Stiga Genesis where i found more gears, less bounciness ,with better control and more spin ... but what is more important is the feeling of elasticity in this rubber. And the weight is 62 grams uncut for 2mm sponge.

Last edited:
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Ok i give it next 30 minutes on bh..... And Here is much better but still it is not so good as tg3-60.
The spin is week compared to tg3-60 but control is there.... I like the higher throw angle for flicks but..... I will give it a little bit more time on bh side.... So tomorow 3 more hours for test.
For now it only shows me how good stiga genesis and dhs tg3-60 are.

Reactions: TTHopeful
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Ok the test is done ......testing the Rasanter R42 2mm sponge in red
As far as i do not like the feeling of the rubber the rubber just plays great ...
i have used it on my Bh side ....
The rubber has lot of control ,i was just surprised how stupid played balls landed on opponent side of the table . The rubber is perfect for flat hitting as for looping .
Spin is average so the v series have to be what then ? if you want to apply spin you have to hit it hard ... this no brush spin rubber it is more drive spin rubber ... however this helps it to be practically not responding to incoming spin rubber ...however still not as good as Tg3-60 ...
Speed is there and it is definitely very fast rubber .... I played it with koto outer ply off+ blade, but i think off- stiff blade will helps to achieve more gears in low velocity balls...
in short game it is still bouncy but has still good control.
For serves .... i have to be apply high toss and punch type of serve to the ball activate the sponge it self ... other ways there is practically no spin on serves ... so it is not suited for short spiny serves.... shame (or maybe some other kind of serve which i`m not aware for now have to be used) ....
I have borrow it to much skilled players for test and all of them like it mostly for FH .... but in combination with my off+ stiff blade it was not suited for chopping. So no review here. but it was safe to loop from mid to far distance with great control and speed.
For now it will stay as my Bh rubber ....not for the rubber it self but i was forced in this test to use my TG3-60 on fh and i found a sleeping beauty on this rubber for short game on fh ...this is just monster and now i`m level above with my FH .......but this is other rubber
i definitely can say yes to R42 2mm rubber. Go for it you will not regret.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
So would you say the Powergrip=R50, Grip=R47, and Powersponge=R42? How do they compare to other rubbers? Could you also post a review of them?

I'm a serious, but still recreational player so take it for what it's worth. Mho 42 is probably considered a bit more dangerous viable replacement for power sponge.

I've playing andro power sponge for over a year on my backhand And I have recently switched to rasanter 42. Just finished my third sessions here are some general observations between the power spong and the r42. 42 is quite a bit faster more lively all around and on low impact shots. it has a higher throw for my stroke anyway and for me this was a adjustment especially in match play for me on the backhand. Both has good touch in the short game with a up upgrade on flips for r42. I actually flipped pretty good with the power sponge but I really needed to make up my mind and commit. Higher throw more slightly more catapult on low speed seemed to help here adds a bit more safety. Both block well with there stable natures higher speed helps here with the 42 to win points. I will not use it there but I Messed around with it on my forehand and it's quite a bit more dangerous there over the power sponge. spin really starts to come out when you engage the sponge. It was pretty fun and easy to play on the forehand not overly powerful but the control was there I felt like I could really place loops to the corners in testing it out in forehand exchanges was also able to mix in spiny (that land pretty short)side spin loops off the table. It's definitely better at high spin loop exchanges than aPS. Looping back spin seemed pretty easy compared to h3 what I normally play on my forehand. APS and R42 Both actually hit pretty good. on the back hand the power sponge hits really good for me probably one of the best things and when fully hit it's not slow. I Had trouble with the 42 on the backhand hits or topspin drives but that just user era and a need to adjust to the throw. When playing it on the fore hand I drove/ hit the ball really great with it, and it seemed pretty good Speed wise with that shot. Of course that compared to mostly Chinese tacky or tacky style rubbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Andro rasanters 42, a quick up date.
it’s been quite a wile since writing the above comments. Put it on a axalox p 500 The blade is A bit more crisp with its koto top And spruce second layer was pretty surprised (especially since p 500 is still considered a classic looping blade with some flex) how the topspin drives, counters instantly felt different more stable, attack friendly for me on these shots while keeping the other positive aspects. When on a limba limba softer blades (what I had been playing) the drives seemed to just take off or up at impact and sail long. An example would be the trick counter hitting of those very slow deep loaded spiny loops, a tricky shot for me at any point but countering with the back hand topspin drive are easier with this rubber + the crisper feeling blade. Good rubber if you like soft rubbers on your back hand. I suspect it will feel pretty good with Carbon blades too. Just speculation on that though.

Actually the andro powersponge despite its being soft it had a lower throw and played these drive shot really well for me anyway, on the limba blades. That rubber reaction was a bit more proportional to your generated swing force than the new rasanter 42 which has the same sponge hardness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: