The Andro Rasanters are available

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I heard they are lighter, so now we need to wait and check the durability :)

As for ej stuff I agree that changing stuff will not change the skill and practice is irreplaceable, but I noticed that different setup makes me play differently, so ej'ing is the way to find the setup that will make me play the way I want to play :D

Valid point. So there is some EJing that can be very useful. And then there are some who sound like they are a little desperate to find out about new things whether they need something new or not.

Need vs want. Desperation and longing vs intelligent research.

I will never question someone like rokphish who has more TT equipment than any store. He buys what he wants and has fun with it. He really has a totally amazing collection.

But then there are others who seem to have a less healthy relationship with the EJ Virus which comes across in the manner in which they ask questions about new product after new product.

The questions are okay too. But don't let the hype make you think you need every new product.

I admire someone like rokphish who loves to collect and can afford to buy everything he wants and simply does.

I admire a guy like NextLevel who knows enough about equipment to experiment with how he plays with slower blades and fast, spinny rubbers and then faster blades with more controlled rubbers, experimenting with how different setups help his play style.

But he also knows he can pick up many different setups and adjust to the things each setup does well and what each setup does not do as well.

An exploration for what will work best for your game is totally fine. But thinking one needs every new product and wanting to know the differences between each new thing can become obsessive.

So experimentation is fine. Collecting is fine. Obsession is a vulnerable mental state that may not be so useful. And, Vrael, I don't get the sense that you are obsessive about equipment in spite of your search for the right equipment for your game.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D and Vrael
This user has no status.
Well firstly this is just grammatically a comparative form. Next would be superlative then.

Rasant - rasanter - am rasantesten
Fast - faster - fastest

Another sample:
polite - politer - politest
nice - nicer - nicest

So in a way the name makes sense, since it's not a whole new concept of rubber but rather an enhanced version of the previous.

And your critique about marketing is totally BS as well and reveils little to no knowledge of how the tabletennis industry works!

Because if you see it like this, you were only allowed to buy rubbers from very few companies [most likely BTY], 'cause only very very few run their own factories!

Most companies let their rubbers be produced at either Daiki, Fuso, Sunflex or ESN.

Or do you really think the Nittaku Fastarc series is produced in Japan at Nippon Takkyu factory?

Man, now it's time to wake up and smell the coffee!
The Nittaku Fastarc is produced at ESN!
[Emoji13]
What about Yasaka Mark V? You really think it's produced at Yasaka own factories? Nope. Wrong again. Produced by Daiki.
[Emoji23][Emoji23][Emoji23]
Or Tibhar Evolution series? They are not made by Tibhar themselves in Völklingen/Saarland!
Same goes for Tibhar Genius!

BTW: both series' are made by ESN!

Whereas your Donic blade is most likely from Woodhouse AB in Sverige.
[Emoji6]

What about Xiom Vega series? Do you think they're made in Korea?
Sorry to bust your bubble, but the whole Vega series is produced at ESN!!
[Emoji23]

Maybe it would also be helpful for you to know that Andro® is the company by TT-Shop Schöler&Micke, just like Donic is the brand of 'Sport-Schreiner' and GEWO is the brand from TT-Shop Contra.
As i wrote above: only VERY VERY FEW companies have their own factories like Butterfly, DHS, 729 and DHS and 729 also produce rubbers for other Brands too. So Butterfly seem to be one of the very few exclusively producing for themselves.

So maybe before making semi-intelligent accusations rather do a proper research first, lad.

My "rasanterer" was not meant to be a grammatically correct word, haha. But your explanation is indeed correct.

I know very well how the table tennis industry works (without knowing all the details of course), and indeed most products are made by for example ESN (and some other factory companies).
And marketing companies like Andro and Xiom etc... (i knew that Xiom is made by ESN, why did you assume i didn't , i stated this in posts before on this forum) sell and advertise these products.

I used the example of the Andro Rasant comic clips to point at the marketing aspect of the table tennis industry. But in all honesty , wouldn't the consumer be better of with measurable info on new rubbers (measured following a series of standardized methods). Aspects like speed, spin, throw angle , rebound could be measured using these standards (i know it will be difficult to develop such measurements , but surely the manufactures got some testing in house already).

My post only pointed towards Andro, i should probably have listed a few others too (like XIOM, Adidas ...), but i dont know all the details either (your comment on my blade being "probably" made in Sweden shows you have to guess too).

Basically my post just was a warning for guys who maybe waste a lot of money on "new" equipment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
So would you say the Powergrip=R50, Grip=R47, and Powersponge=R42? How do they compare to other rubbers? Could you also post a review of them?
I don't really know because I do not know how the pimple structure are in those rubbers. I posted the hardness on the rubbers you mentioned in TTDs review on Rasant Grib.

Here I quote:
Rasant Turbo 47.5deg,Rasant Power Grip 50deg, Rasant 45deg, Rasant Grip 45deg, Rasant Power Sponge 40deg

The difference from the Rasant to the Rasanters I also the thinner top sheet which are allowing Andro you make thicker sponges. Pimple structure on V-series vs. R-series is that the diameter of V-series are smaller than R-series. These are factors that you have to notice when comparing the rubbers. Also I noticed that the new Rasanters have a smell of booster or something similar. I was told that it is some kind of additive they add to the sponge when producing it.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
I don't really know because I do not know how the pimple structure are in those rubbers. I posted the hardness on the rubbers you mentioned in TTDs review on Rasant Grib.

Here I quote:
Rasant Turbo 47.5deg,Rasant Power Grip 50deg, Rasant 45deg, Rasant Grip 45deg, Rasant Power Sponge 40deg

The difference from the Rasant to the Rasanters I also the thinner top sheet which are allowing Andro you make thicker sponges. Pimple structure on V-series vs. R-series is that the diameter of V-series are smaller than R-series. These are factors that you have to notice when comparing the rubbers. Also I noticed that the new Rasanters have a smell of booster or something similar. I was told that it is some kind of additive they add to the sponge when producing it.

Oh I was wondering what was the thickness of the Rasanters that you tried out?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Tough one. To replace Rasant Grip (45º) the most obvious candidates would be Rasanter R42 (42º) and Rasanter R47 (47º).

What direction would wisdom dictate, harder or softer? My game is actively offensive, based from the 1st position (touch game, looping, active and passive blocks as well as flat hits) but when forced away from the table also as a 2nd position double-winged counterspinner. Consistency is reasonable, footwork sometimes a bit wonky (as aging is wont to cause).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
My "rasanterer" was not meant to be a grammatically correct word, haha. But your explanation is indeed correct.

I know very well how the table tennis industry works (without knowing all the details of course), and indeed most products are made by for example ESN (and some other factory companies).
And marketing companies like Andro and Xiom etc... (i knew that Xiom is made by ESN, why did you assume i didn't , i stated this in posts before on this forum) sell and advertise these products.

I used the example of the Andro Rasant comic clips to point at the marketing aspect of the table tennis industry. But in all honesty , wouldn't the consumer be better of with measurable info on new rubbers (measured following a series of standardized methods). Aspects like speed, spin, throw angle , rebound could be measured using these standards (i know it will be difficult to develop such measurements , but surely the manufactures got some testing in house already).

My post only pointed towards Andro, i should probably have listed a few others too (like XIOM, Adidas ...), but i dont know all the details either (your comment on my blade being "probably" made in Sweden shows you have to guess too).

Basically my post just was a warning for guys who maybe waste a lot of money on "new" equipment.

Your warning sounds pretty hypocritical, if you say others shouldn't do what you've been doing yourself, don't ya think so?

But I believe my point didn't come across properly. So to make myself clear:

You've been comparing Adidas (which was a licensed production that some guys from Greenmaster Industrial corp. from Taiwan have been doing) with Andro (which is as stated above one of Germany's biggest TT-Shop's own brand)
I could be wrong but there's quite a difference between those two.

And to be more precise: it's not that XIOM or Andro are doing anything else than most if not all tabletennis companies do:
let their equipment be produced at OEM factories.

ALL of them do that!!

Even Butterfly! (Even though they produce most of their rubbers themselves but had bought and sold OEM blades from Double Day from Taiwan and those premade Hobby setups are also not from their own production)

But you're right on one point though: i'm not 100% sure if your Donic blade is really made at woodhouse.
As already mentioned Donic has been working with many different manufacturers and i actually don't care very much for most Donic blades, so yeah, most likely it was made by Woodhouse AB. But Donic also has blades made by Soulspin and also some are made in China like Epoxy series.

Generally i think it's quite hypocritical saying one shouldn't buy from Andro 'cause they let their rubbers be produced at ESN, when you use ESN rubbers yourself just with a different printing on 'em from a different brand.
It's one thing to say their products or their advertisement don't appeal to you and another thing to say they're​ bad, 'cause they don't produce rubbers themselves!
Can you see your mistake?

But i agree, standartized specs would help consumers but many people seem to prefer the used terms like speed and spin instead of scientifical terminology.
But i think it's a good thing some companies now print sponge hardness.
IMHO this should become mandatory and also standartized, 'cause there's still a difference between japanese, german and chinese sponge hardnesses.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Well the hardness for the sponges are standardized, but the are given in both Shore A or C. In Europe they often use Shore C where as in Asia they use Shore A.
I have attached a picture showing the scale where Shore C is on the left and the equivalent in Shore A is on the right.

IMG_0621.JPG

I am wondering why creating one no. For each rubber hardness? Some companies get away just noting the hardness on the packing... maybe that is public service ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well the hardness for the sponges are standardized, but the are given in both Shore A or C. In Europe they often use Shore C where as in Asia they use Shore A.
I have attached a picture showing the scale where Shore C is on the left and the equivalent in Shore A is on the right.

View attachment 12546

I am wondering why creating one no. For each rubber hardness? Some companies get away just noting the hardness on the packing... maybe that is public service ;)

That's a real helpful table there. Thanks mate. Had to save the pic immediately.
[Emoji106]
I knew these numbers translate somehow but never knew how.
Excellent post, Giang.
Thanks a lot for that.

This user has no status.
Couldn't resist and ordered two Rasanter R50 because they were already in promo. I should receive them tomorrow or friday.

I think I'm already going to use them on my next league match this friday. The last couple of months I changed equipment so often that it won't really matters in terms of consistency which rubbers I use. Changing equiment has become some kind of addiction. I think I need a therapist.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
That's a real helpful table there. Thanks mate. Had to save the pic immediately.
[Emoji106]
I knew these numbers translate somehow but never knew how.
Excellent post, Giang.
Thanks a lot for that.
NP buddy! Glad that you find it useful :)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Oh so which thickness was better?
I think the max was alright on the Ligna blades. They had good balance with out being head heavy. If you have a blade or a setup that have a tendency to be head heavy you can choose to play with a thinner sponge.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
i read review in czech language about rasanter r42 and the guy was really satisfied about control ....the weight for r42 is 64 grams uncut in max , and r47 in max has weight 71 grams ..
in both reviews the guys are talking about absolutely new feeling. for r42 looks like it is ignoring incoming spin and has great control on block ... super spiny on serve but not so spiny on loops....
try to use google translate ... here you go ...
http://www.tt-sport.cz/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=11&id=14708&Itemid=235

btw i`m surprised by the weight ....grip was really heavy rubber ..... so i will test the r42 in max after my trip to africa...

Last edited: