shoes good for foot bouncing ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hi guys,

I'm wearing normal sport shoes not designed for table tennis.

Is there any table tennis shoes help the foot to bounce easier?

As you know we need to use our foot strength a lot, so i thought good to find such shoes.

Correct me if im wrong.

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
You can use barefoot shoes like Nike Frees to train your foot muscles during the normal day. In general table tennis shoes are built in a way that you stand close to the ground.

Reactions: Ot Ot
This user has no status.
As long as the temperatures allow for it, I will always advocate for going barefoot. The health benefits are simply amazing. It will build up all the strength in your foot & ankles you need. As for shoes in particular, go for ones without soles that are too thick, especially at the heel.

Don't get too much cushioning. People are always covering themselves in 50 layers of thick jackets and sweaters when there's barely a breeze outside, and then they wonder why they catch a cold. It's become a habit to kill sicknesses and diseases by quickly throwing in some pills and then some wonder why they are constantly sick. Train your body or lose it.

That being said, with all the harsh motions and turns in table tennis, you would want some cushioning. Just don't overdo it, because wrapping your body in cotton is counterproductive in the long run.

TL;DR: Yes, of course there are shoes that are made with table tennis in mind. They will generally lean towards the characteristics I outlined above. Try them out, good luck! :)

Reactions: Ot Ot and JHB
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Don't get too much cushioning. People are always covering themselves in 50 layers of thick jackets and sweaters when there's barely a breeze outside, and then they wonder why they catch a cold. It's become a habit to kill sicknesses and diseases by quickly throwing in some pills and then some wonder why they are constantly sick. Train your body or lose it.

Bit off-topic but you don't catch a cold from being cold, you catch them from a cold virus and you can't kill viruses with pills.
Agreed on the shoes though, prefer not too much cushioning unless you have knee problems I was told, then you might want to consider a bit of cushioning :).

Reactions: mr. tom
This user has no status.
Bit off-topic but you don't catch a cold from being cold, you catch them from a cold virus and you can't kill viruses with pills.
I am quite aware. I apologize, my wording should've been more clear, but I'm not eloquent enough. A specification: In fact you can catch a cold through being cold for prolongued durations, or rather it is facilitated. It's one of several things that puts strain on your immune system (others include tiredness, mental stress for example), and it's one that has a lot of impact. Also there have been studies that indicate that the common cold virus replicates faster/more easily in cold temperatures. You want your body to easily produce heat, not just clothes to reflect the little heat that is there. Putting on too much clothing kills your body's defences -- it doesn't need to do anything itself. The very same goes, for example, for antibiotics (I did not specify the common cold[!]). If you expose yourself to the cold, your body learns how to produce heat more reliably and efficiently, your cardiovascular system grows stronger/more resilient and your whole immune system experiences a boost. The fact is that people that practice cold exposure get sick -- e.g. catching a cold -- significantly less often; there are even some that simply don't. "Wim Hof" is an interesting guy to google.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
I am quite aware. I apologize, my wording should've been more clear, but I'm not eloquent enough. A specification: In fact you can catch a cold through being cold for prolongued durations, or rather it is facilitated. It's one of several things that puts strain on your immune system (others include tiredness, mental stress for example), and it's one that has a lot of impact. Also there have been studies that indicate that the common cold virus replicates faster/more easily in cold temperatures. You want your body to easily produce heat, not just clothes to reflect the little heat that is there. Putting on too much clothing kills your body's defences -- it doesn't need to do anything itself. The very same goes, for example, for antibiotics (I did not specify the common cold[!]). If you expose yourself to the cold, your body learns how to produce heat more reliably and efficiently, your cardiovascular system grows stronger/more resilient and your whole immune system experiences a boost. The fact is that people that practice cold exposure get sick -- e.g. catching a cold -- significantly less often; there are even some that simply don't. "Wim Hof" is an interesting guy to google.

Ah, apologies I didn't mean to lecture you. Instead I got a very neat lecture haha. I wasn't aware that more exposure to the cold gave you better ability to produce heat. Good stuff and eloquent enough ;).

Reactions: sanavasaraja