TT in Germany

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hi there.

When will you be there? I had a friend who used to play for Reutlingen a while ago. That is a little outside of Stuttgart, but there are quite a few Clubs in Stuttgart too.
Maybe keep in mind that the TT season is over and it's Summer break. Since many clubs practice in school sportshalls some clubs might be closed.
Best will be to look for a club not too far from where you stay that is open.
You can check out the clubs in the following link/website. If you click on one of the clubs you'll get lead to the clubs contact and can ask personally. Don't know how good your German is, but most people understand english
Here's the link:
https://www.mytischtennis.de/clicktt/TTVWH/18-19/ligen/Kreisliga-A-Gr-1/gruppe/336625/tabelle/gesamt
Have a pleasant stay and enjoy yourself. Maybe keep us posted how things went.

Cheers

Last edited:
says Footwork footwork footwork
Hi there.

When will you be there? I had a friend who used to play for Reutlingen a while ago. That is a little outside of Stuttgart, but there are quite a few Clubs in Stuttgart too.
Maybe keep in mind that the TT season is over and it's Summer break. Since many clubs practice in school sportshalls some clubs might be closed.
Best will be to look for a club not too far from where you stay that is open.
You can check out the clubs in the following link/website. If you click on one of the clubs you'll get lead to the clubs contact and can ask personally. Don't know how good your German is, but most people understand english
Here's the link:
https://www.mytischtennis.de/clicktt/TTVWH/18-19/ligen/Kreisliga-A-Gr-1/gruppe/336625/tabelle/gesamt
Have a pleasant stay and enjoy yourself. Maybe keep us posted how things went.

Cheers

Hi there!

Thanks for the info :). I’ll be here from now through the 28th.

I saw there was training three times a week at this local sports complex. I’ll check out your link and the clubs in Reutlingen. You’re right, it’s not so far away.

I’m practicing my German as much as possible, so I’ll give it a whirl.

Vielen Dank! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hi there!

Thanks for the info :). I’ll be here from now through the 28th.

I saw there was training three times a week at this local sports complex. I’ll check out your link and the clubs in Reutlingen. You’re right, it’s not so far away.

I’m practicing my German as much as possible, so I’ll give it a whirl.

Vielen Dank! ;)

Sent from myPhone using Tapatalk

Nichts zu danken :)
That sounds good too. So whatever fits better for you.
I actually just realized that i mixed up Reutlingen with Esslingen. I played against a player from Reutlingen, so their club would also be ok. But it's actually Esslingen then. :)
Here's the link to their website.
https://www.ttc-esslingen.de
Enjoy yourself and pls keep us posted how things went.

says Footwork footwork footwork
Glad you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for letting us know. Do you remember the name of the club?

Yes, it is called SGStern (Stuttgart).
I also talked to a club in Esslingen & in Fellbach but I never worked out the time to go there as their times overlapped too much with my work schedule.

I also did some hitting against my hotel room wall, so I’m sure my neighbors were really thrilled with me :D.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Hi! I will be in Heidelberg next week (arriving Tuesday leaving Friday lunch time) and I'm desperately looking for some Tischtennis in the evenings. I found TTV Heidelberg but it seem closed during the summer school break. Does anyone know of any alternatives or does anyone want to meet up? I guess that my standard is somewhere in between mediocre and poor (but really keen on the plus side of things).

My German is quite poor but I get myself understood to a fair degree.

Edit: TSG 78 Heidelberg seem to be the place to be. Open even though it's "Sommerurlaub" :)

Last edited:
Reactions: abhay