Who will coach Fan Zhendong and Xu Xin?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Fan Zhendong and Xu Xin's coach Wu Jingping was retired last year. Who will become their new coach remains elusive. Lin Gaoyuan and Zhou Qihao were also from Wu Jingping's group and need a new coach.

Both Wang Hao and Ma Lin have announced to apply for the CNT coach positions (5 positions available in total) this year. Decisions will be made during a conference on Mar 30-31. At present, there are 4 CNT coaches: Xiao Zhan (Zhang Jike, Fang Bo, Yan An's coach), Qin Zhijian (Ma Long, Yu Ziyang's coach and Xu Xin's previous coach), Ma Junfeng (Zhou Yu, Liang Jingkun's coach) and Liu Heng.

Do you want to guess who will be the new coach of Fan Zhendong? Xu Xin? and Lin Gaoyuan as he will attend 2017 WTTC ?

My bet: Wang Hao--> Fan Zhendong, Ma Lin--> Xu Xin and Qin Zhijian--> Lin Gaoyuan.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I wonder if Wang Hao or Ma Lin will be a better coach. We have seen WH coaching a lot in Super League, but somehow I think Ma Lin could improve his players more technically and tactically. What do you think guys?

I think Ma Lin will take over mens head coach role and become successor to LGL for CNT head coach.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
The requirements for head coach have changed. The head coach needs to be a world or Olympic champion himself; and have coached a world or Olympic champion; and have attended WTTC or Olympic Games as a coach. Ma Lin is not qualified for head coach this year; only Liu Guoliang and Qin Zhijian are qualified. It depends on which player(s) Ma Lin will have in the following years, to make him a candidate for head coach.

I think Ma Lin will take over mens head coach role and become successor to LGL for CNT head coach.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The requirements for head coach have changed. The head coach needs to be world or Olympic champion himself; have coached a world or Olympic champion; have attended WTTC or Olympic Games as a coach. Ma Lin is not qualified for head coach this year. Only Liu Guoliang and Qin Zhijian are qualified. It depends on which player(s) Ma Lin will have in the following years, to make him a candidate for head coach.

LGL is not retiring this year too