Zhang Jike takes on World Champion at sand paper table tennis!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Yan Weiho the Recent winner of the World Ping Pong Championships held in London this year, was invited to the China National Team training centre on the 17th February 2017. Yan was asked to take on head coach Liu Guoliang and other players of the China National Team including Zhang Jike in a sandpaper matchl

On Yan Weiho's arrival Liu Guoliang expressed, "we have one more Champion here today."

Liu Guoliang is always looking to reform and make table tennis more attractive and was excited to have Yan down for the day. Yan played a match against Liu from 8-8 to a 11 point game. Obviously Yan had the upper hand and when Liu Guoliang missed, Zhang Jike laughed viciously in the background. Liu Guoliang was amazed by Yan's skill and achievement. Zhang Jike highly praised Yan's performance after reaching the top of sand paper table tennis with only 8 months of training. Yan was in amazement that his lifetime hero Zhang Jike was giving him compliments, Yan's biggest idol is Zhang Jike.

Yan commented, I have the confidences to beat both Ma Long and Zhang Jike with a sandpaper bat. What do you all think?

TableTennisDaily were at this years World Ping pong Championships, you can watch out vlog of the event below:

Yan Weiho talking to idol Zhang Jike!
#
zhangjikeyanweiho2017.jpg

Maybe one day we will see Zhang Jike play in the World Ping Pong Championships? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
The ping pong championships and sandpaper are absolutely rubbish. They are a disgrace to real table tennis and degrade the sport. Most people sadly think that table tennis is only hard bat and don't realize what real table tennis is. They need to stop with this "ping pong world championship" nonsense and bring more popularity to REAL table tennis!!!

This user has no status.
The ping pong championships and sandpaper are absolutely rubbish. They are a disgrace to real table tennis and degrade the sport. Most people sadly think that table tennis is only hard bat and don't realize what real table tennis is. They need to stop with this "ping pong world championship" nonsense and bring more popularity to REAL table tennis!!!

eh, its not exactly rubbish. you can't really blame the sandpaper stuff for "stealing" the spotlight. the only truth your comment holds is the fact that we need to bring more attention to ordinary table tennis. it's a shame indeed that the world championships manage to hype up the sport so much and bring in views while our version of it seems like its heading towards extinction ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

This is a pure troll
nothing so far on this forum is a contribution
just complaints non stop

So, what did you do to promote real table tennis?

This user has no status.
he's around the level of Flemming (2. bundesliga) so yes semi-professional i guess. But in an interview he said this:

I have only been playing sandpaper ping pong for six months so I didn’t know how much skill I would have compared to the other players but I wanted to come here and enjoy the moment and see how well I could do.

I would like to thank the wonderful crowd in this great arena. I have never received any professional table tennis training, I am a junior at University but ping pong is a fair game and anything is possible

Last edited:
Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
ZJK with his athletic attributes, his speed and agility can easily learn the nuances and dynamics of sand paper ping pong. A month or two of practice and he can dominate the world of ping pong if he wants to. That is if Ma Long does not play ping pong with him he he he

I think you forgot to log into your 'ping fun' account buddy ;)