Liu Guoliang will step down and be replaced as Chinese Men's Team Coach!

Who do you think will be the new China Head Coach?

• Ma Lin

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters
says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015
At the end of this month (March) Liu Guoliang will step down as the Chinese National Team coach and will be replaced by either Ma Lin or Wang Hao!

Sources in China say, "The new main coach of the Chinese National Men's Team will be selected between Ma Lin and Wang Hao very at the end of March, more likely will be Ma Lin. Wang Hao will take the place of Wu jingping to be Fan Zhendong and xuxin's coach in the national team."

Who do you want the new Chinese National Team Coach to be?

1) Ma Lin
2) Wang Hao

Heres a throw back to a great video of Liu Guoliang coaching Ma Long

Last edited:
Oct 2015
Haha... Liu guoliang has proved how good he is, player and coach. Now things are moving on, he will have more important role in the national team.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
It is not like LGL will retire entirely from working but rather move up the ladder and promote like his predecessor Cai Zhenhua so I would say it is all good. He had said that he will still lead the team to Tokyo 2020 but only with a different role. With all his success over the years we are not going to see him leave.

Last edited:
Oct 2015
Liu guoliang still will be the head of Chinese national team and there will be more important stuff need him to deal with.

Liu guoliang will focus on the big picture stuff in the future. Mainly marketing I guess and getting table tennis more popular in China. Recently 2017 china trials marvelous 12 is great prove.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
According to CCTV news reports , Wang hao will take over Wu jingoing position and Ma lin is likely to take over Liu guoliang as male team head coach . Ma lin previously has guided Liu shiwen mostly AS I KNOW but it seems liu will guide guoping till
tokyo 2020 olympic games .

Yes, this is correct
my sources tells me Ma Lin will be mens head coach and he is likely the best candidate to take over the full CNT head coach eventually
my source was from 1 year ago

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I have told you in the other thread:
"The requirements for head coach have changed. The head coach needs to be world or Olympic champion himself; have coached a world or Olympic champion; have attended WTTC or Olympic Games as a coach. "
Ma Lin and Wang Hao have not attended WTTC or Olympic Games as a coach. They are not qualified this year. The term of the head coach is 2 years or longer. Wish them good luck next time.

All the applications have been submitted on 3/24. We will see the results in one week.

I saw you delete this same message from another thread
Tell me why can't Ma Lin be head coach?

Reactions: EmRatThich
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have told you in the other thread:
"The requirements for head coach have changed. The head coach needs to be world or Olympic champion himself; have coached a world or Olympic champion; have attended WTTC or Olympic Games as a coach. "
Ma Lin and Wang Hao have not attended WTTC or Olympic Games as a coach. They are not qualified this year. The term of the head coach is 2 years or longer. Wish them good luck next time.

All the applications have been submitted on 3/24. We will see the results in one week.

did you say all this in the post that you deleted??
lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Not necessarily. He has combined the roles of "Men's coach" and "National coach". He can simply give up the "MEn's coach" and retain "national coach".

Yes, this is what I think will happen
But then he will move on to a new role that is different to his current.
never the less, LGL has contributed so much during his reign on the top.
He has one of the best sporting minds of any sport ever

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Hello? Can you take a loot at what you responded to my post #5 in the other thread before you say something like this? Did I delete or change anything?
https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?15130-Who-will-coach-Fan-Zhendong-and-Xu-Xin

And I can tell you the post I deleted was about who will be qualified for head coach sooner, Wang Hao or Ma Lin. And I thought it was irrelevant and deleted it. It has nothing to do with the fact that they are not qualified this year.

did you say all this in the post that you deleted??
lol

Reactions: EmRatThich