Blades similar to Timo Boll ZLF?

This user has no status.
My trusty Timo Boll ZLF just broke on me today while I was trying to reglue :( Looking to buy a new blade and possibly explore something else. What other blades are similar to the ZLF? I use Vega Japan on both sides and like the nice "sound" and control and feeling I get. The only downside is that I feel like it's a bit hard to block. I have tried the ZJK ALC with Vega Japan both sides and don't like the feeling too much. Any suggestions?

This user has no status.
ZLF blades are softer and less stiff than ALC blades. Why don't you buy a new one? If you like a soft feeling you can try Hinoki blades. TSP Hino Power, Nexy Kanaph or Joola Rosskopf Emotion. Great blades with soft touch but more stiff than for example ZLF blades. If you want something similar to TB ZLF you can try the Butterfly Liu Shiwen. In my opinion there are so many good blades out there. You can not decide without testing. You are playing Xiom rubbers and Xiom has great blades in their repertoire. Ignito for example.
But I have an advise for you if you think the Xiom Vega Japan is not good for block. Try the Xiom Omega V Europe.

Regards Chris

Reactions: pong4lyfe
This user has no status.
I had a hit with a player's Xiom Hyabusa yesterday. It reminded me of my old TB ZLF, but without the woody feel. It had the "pulse" feedback to the handle on contact and a little flex on harder swings like the ZLF. The player claimed it has no carbon, only Z fiber. As I look through Xioms products, I didn't realize there were so many Hyabusa blades. I'm not sure exactly which one I was hitting with.

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
I can't give a suggestion other than if you were happy just get the same blade.

One thing to remind tho is to weight the blade if you don't already know how much it was, my observation has been that between 85g and 90g for example, the same blade model can feel quite different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
I can't give a suggestion other than if you were happy just get the same blade.

One thing to remind tho is to weight the blade if you don't already know how much it was, my observation has been that between 85g and 90g for example, the same blade model can feel quite different.

This 6 years old thread