CHINA confirm players for the 2017 World Championship!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The grueling China Trials for the upcoming World Championships came to a close last week. China have officially confirmed their players for this years World Championships in Dusseldorf, Germany.

chinateam2017worldchampionships.jpg

China's squad below who will represent China at the singles event at the 2017 World Championships.

The Men's squad:

1) Ma Long (World Ranked 1)
2) Fan Zhendong (World Ranked 2)
3) Xu Xin (World Ranked 3)
4) Zhang Jike (World Ranked 4)
5) Lin Gaoyuan (World Ranked 49)

The Women's Squad:

1) Ding Ning
2) Liu Shiwen
3) Zhu Yuling
4) Chen Meng
5) Mu Zi

What do you think of this selection?

Also, the doubles event looks spicy with Timo Boll pairing up with Ma Long same as WTTC in 2015!

1) Ma Long and Timo Boll
2) Xu Xin and Fan Zhendong
3) Fang Bo Petrissa Solja
4) Feng Yalan and Jonathan Groth

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Thanks!

Add for the women squad :

Singles : Ding Ning , Liu Shiwen , Zhu Yuling , Chen Meng , Mu Zi

Doubles : Ding Ning/Liu Shiwen , Zhu Yuling/Chen Meng

So no surprises neither for men nor for women...
Like all the trials and closed training was a bit for "nothing" (except for Lin Gaoyuan of course!)
But I look forward to the beginning of these WTTC..!! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
The singles were pretty much expected. Glad to see Timo and Ma Long together even though that means he won't pair up with Dima. Is there an official backup announced for ZJK?

I dont think there are backups in wttc. Unless ZJK gets worse before the final entry date, and I didnt found a deadline for entries in ITTF site. So I guess if the entries date has passed no one can replace him.

Timo boll in 2009 had the same situation I think, he was listed to play but got injured and didnt participate, no one replaced him

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I dont think there are backups in wttc. Unless ZJK gets worse before the final entry date, and I didnt found a deadline for entries in ITTF site. So I guess if the entries date has passed no one can replace him.

Timo boll in 2009 had the same situation I think, he was listed to play but got injured and didnt participate, no one replaced him

The entry deadline is today 29th march the correction and accomodation deadline is in the middle of april (Sth. about 16th april)

Just check out ittf.com wttc and open the prospectus pdf.

greets

Reactions: eyepop and TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Thanks!

Add for the women squad :

Singles : Ding Ning , Liu Shiwen , Zhu Yuling , Chen Meng , Mu Zi

Doubles : Ding Ning/Liu Shiwen , Zhu Yuling/Chen Meng

So no surprises neither for men nor for women...
Like all the trials and closed training was a bit for "nothing" (except for Lin Gaoyuan of course!)
But I look forward to the beginning of these WTTC..!! :)

LGL already stated his terms in his speech: you had to seize the title, he was not going to give anyone a spot if they couldn't take it from those with a legacy of winning.
What I don't understand is all the people who thought Xu Xin would not make the team, they seem to have totally misunderstood the point and nature of LGL's criticism.