Dimitrij Ovtcharov happy with the new DHS ABS ball!

says what [IMG]
If it really is unbreakable from just hitting around, then I can see a benefit in long-term use but also the fact that it just doesn't change it's characteristics in the short term whatsoever, probably.

I'm not sure if more fragile balls do, but I can imagine that it would have an effect on play if the bounce and give of the ball changes during a timespan of, say, 15 minutes.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Baal, you hit with Kewei Li, Viktor Subonj and Niraj Oak at your club. They also gave their opinions. Does it require Dima to show how silly those guys are? Guys who have never shown video on how they play yet repeatedly make silly statements not worth discussing?

I haven't seen Niraj in quite awhile but yes, Coach Li and Viktor think it's a really good ball (as do every other single human at my club who has tried them). For those who don't know, Li Kewai is a modern defender (pretty much a clone of JSH) who was around 2750 when he first arrived in the US a few years back. He mostly coaches now. Viktor was right around 2600 at his top rating and is kind of a left-handed version of Zoran Primorac and loves to hit arcy ridiculously spinny loops with a wide range of speeds. I couldn't get Jimmy Butler to try it yet (he's a big fan of seamless balls, actually, the higher bounce lets him attack with his backhand more, and he likes they way they decelerate when he gets back away from the table more).

I knew from the first minute it was fine. But yes, I think I did let some of those comments annoy me too much (especially some that were on one website where just about everyone like LPs and $10 rubbers and where people were nevertheless concerned that this ball wouldn't spin enough for them).

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
If it really is unbreakable from just hitting around, then I can see a benefit in long-term use but also the fact that it just doesn't change it's characteristics in the short term whatsoever, probably.

I'm not sure if more fragile balls do, but I can imagine that it would have an effect on play if the bounce and give of the ball changes during a timespan of, say, 15 minutes.

Arch, that is a really good point. Balls can become unplayable without breaking if they get too smooth (G40+ are too smooth from the start), or dented, or out of round. And this D40+ ball is a complete game changer on that front, even compared to seamless balls. It's not just that it doesn't break, it stays good for a long time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I haven't seen Niraj in quite awhile but yes, Coach Li and Viktor think it's a really good ball (as do every other single human at my club who has tried them). For those who don't know, Li Kewai is a modern defender (pretty much a clone of JSH) who was around 2750 when he first arrived in the US a few years back. He mostly coaches now. Viktor was right around 2600 at his top rating and is kind of a left-handed version of Zoran Primorac and loves to hit arcy ridiculously spinny loops with a wide range of speeds. I couldn't get Jimmy Butler to try it yet (he's a big fan of seamless balls, actually, the higher bounce lets him attack with his backhand more, and he likes they way they decelerate when he gets back away from the table more).

I knew from the first minute it was fine. But yes, I think I did let some of those comments annoy me too much (especially some that were on one website where just about everyone like LPs and $10 rubbers and where people were nevertheless concerned that this ball wouldn't spin enough for them).

Kewei Li is one of the few players in NA who has actually beaten Eugene (Zhen) Wang of Canada in a match.

LPs rely on unpredictability and unfamiliarity so anything that contributes to that is appreciated. I just want a ball that plays consistently. Lower bounce helps my serve but the other unpredictable stuff puts my rally game in the tank. I hit the ball hard enough that after 10 minutes, if it can wobble, it will wobble.

Reactions: ttmonster
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Is DHS (or any other company) really interested in selling a ball that is nearly unbreakable?

They can reduce the quality after Weikert wins reelection.

I was thinking it may be accidental that they are very durable. Nevertheless, they may not break but if you use them long enough, I have a feeling they do stop being so good to use.

That being said, NextLevel is correct. They could reduce the quality after the presidential election. Hahahaha.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
So weird when I press reply to post I can't use space when I type?:)

Anyway I meant on all the balls. I understand DHS marks them like that. But just to know what to look for if you want to see its one of the new balls (Donic, Stiga etc). As it seems like a new material standard?

Reactions: bobpuls
So weird when I press reply to post I can't use space when I type?:)

Anyway I meant on all the balls. I understand DHS marks them like that. But just to know what to look for if you want to see its one of the new balls (Donic, Stiga etc). As it seems like a new material standard?

That I don't know. Who knows maybe DHS won't allow other brands to take the D40+ and put their logo on it. Still as a consumer if we can buy the D40+ and it's not badly priced why bother with other brands. But if DHS does allow it'll probably be called stiga D40+ or Andro D40+ or something.