Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey all,

We have just released our latest TableTennisDaily review on the new STIGA Mantra S, M and H rubbers. The success of the popular Genesis has led these new rubbers to be highly anticipated in the latter stages of 2016. The new Mantra rubber series comes in 3 versions, soft, medium and hard. The Mantra rubbers are made in Japan, watch our full video review below.

For a more detailed review on the rubbers visit the TTD review Center below:

STIGA Mantra S
STIGA Mantra M
STIGA Mantra H

Have you, or do you use these rubbers? What do you think of them?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I've used both genesis and mantra and have the same thoughts with the rubber.. Coming from Genesis M it took me a while adjusting to Mantra H. But all went well i love Mantra H In my Fh even it has less spin than genesi M, it gives me a lot of power with decent spin. If you find genesis lacking power mantra h is a good compromise

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 6 reviews
I've used both genesis and mantra and have the same thoughts with the rubber.. Coming from Genesis M it took me a while adjusting to Mantra H. But all went well i love Mantra H In my Fh even it has less spin than genesi M, it gives me a lot of power with decent spin. If you find genesis lacking power mantra h is a good compromise

Great review as always Dan, good quality. Which blade are you using Saitama?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews

Scene 1 Fan Zhengdong said he tried this rubber before and this one is the newest.He felt some differences between the former one he played and this one.He felt more comfortable when he is doing attack.However,he also pointed out that this rubber needed to make a little adjustment on defense.He also mentioned that this rubber had a very good thickness degree and that made Mantra was good at making spin.Finally,He thought one should choose the rubber that are most suitable for themselves and Mantra is a good choice.

Scene 2 Qi yibiao He tried the rubber with sponge.When doing the stalemate, the rubber's speed is quite fast.When he used the rubber for attack,the rubber is good at controlling the balls.He felt that the backhand loop drive in this rubber is quite good and the rubber's defense are ok.Spin is very strong in this rubber.Also,the arc made by rubber is a little short but easy to control.The rubber did well on loop both from back court and front court.

Scene 3 Zhu yulingShe commented that the Mantra in bounce and stickness as well as the feeling of touching the balls were similar to the rubber she used in the national team in
china.It needs time to get used to this sponge.Also,she commented that you need to try it in confractional training and get familiar with the court,space as well as the size,then you will get the best use of the rubber.She didn't know how many degrees Mantra have but the rubber she tried is good.

Scene 4 Xu yingshanHe thought Mantra's sponge performs much better than the one he tried last time in friction and Mantra's spin was improved compared to the rubber he tried last time.

Reactions: Dan and VicVoc32

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
So what's the next equipment you are going to review?

Hi Zaid our next reviews will be the Rasanter Series and the new Carbonado's. We have some other reviews lined up to over the next month will keep you posted :)

New camera ttd? Quality looks different to other reviews.

Does Tom use Genesis still or he will change to Mantra?

It is a new camera yes. This camera shoots at a higher frame rate which is better for table tennis as the ball travels so fast you need atleast 50 FPS I think.

This review looks like one of the hardest you have made... No joy on this one.... And i do not like the sound of the rubber... I stay with genesis.

Tom is still sticking to Genesis. I am using Genesis on the Forehand and Mantra M on the backhand. I like this combination.

What is the spin like compared to, say, the vega pro or tenergy 05?

I think the spin is similar to the Vega Pro and a touch less then T05. I think the speeds are similar.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
FWIW, I saw no real redeeming features of Mantra M, certainly for my FH, and I like to use the same rubber on both sides. Too soft, bottoms out, top end not better than Karis, moderately spinny, and yet still somewhat non-linear. I haven't tried Mantra H, but I would bet a great deal that I would like it better.