Quick about glue.

This user has no status.
Let me preface my comment with the fact that I don't actually play in tournaments, just like to mess around with some of my friends.

I have some rubbers that I boosted with baby oil that have domed too much and wont stay on paddle. What kind of glue (waterbased or regular) can I possibly use that will be strong enough to hold it down? It doesn't matter if removing the rubber becomes impossible afterwards as my friend doesn't intend to ever remove it and I'm building a paddle for him to mess round with.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Fais, there is an easy solution to this issue. He should leave the rubber off the blade for a couple of days and then glue on again. That should take care of it.

A strong glue like FineZip, Vario Clean or Blue Contact would help. But the important part is to let a little of the baby oil evaporate.

Reactions: Suga D and fais
This user has no status.
I've tried leaving the rubber off for several days, even weeks. (I have a ruined pair from last year that is still to heavily domed to glue on).

I'm wondering now if the baby oil actually breaks down the bond. The rubber stayed on for a day or so after I glued it using ktl wbg, but now it's started to lift off the edges again.

At this point I'm buy something from the neighborhood Walmart just to make it work (short of gorilla glue or using a glue gun, that is).