Net Height to increase as of October 2017!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Over the last few years there has been a lot of discussion whether to change the net height in table tennis. After successful trials in Germany the ITTF have today announced, that the net height will be raised by 1cm as of October 1st 2017!

netheighincreaseittf.jpg

This decision has been made as this is a change all current table tennis nets can make and no additional products need to be bought. Is this perhaps to try and even the playing field with China and the rest of the world? Or potentially to make the sport more spectator friendly?

Give us your thoughts below.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
That great news, I heard that this is just a precursor to the next rule change where ITTF will allow in doubles the partner to take the ball before it bounces and set it up just so that the other guy in the team can smash it , pretty much like volleyball, the only catch is all teams other than China can make use of this rule ... did you guys hear about that ?
also heard, that China already knows about this and thats why they have started pairing up their players with players from other countries , much like Timo Boll with Ma Long so that Ma Long can be the setter and Timo can be the smasher , ITTF has been left scratching their heads or whatever unmentionables on how to handle this latest curveball or googly from china ...

exciting times ahead for ping pong ... :p

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The Goon Squad Nation is gunna fix TT for good this WTTC, just watch, we have the winning lineup. USD Carl is gunna medicate both our coaches (and everyone else's coaches), Tayna Harding will bash in the knees of any possible competitors, and Loretta Bobbit will cut off the manhood of any survivors. Imagine CPT Ma Long trying to play TT without his thing. Isn't gunna work. The Ping Pong Holic will out-muscle anyone wearing a tank top. We git 'ya covered.

Pics and stories to follow and exclusive interview with MVP Next Level and TT Monster at the Chicken eating fest after the tourney.

Der_Echte has a cure for the net increase... It is called a propane burning torch. Burn mudda fudda, BURN !! After Team Goon Squad clinches the finals with Suga D finishing off the match while coaches Archo and Delusion to Divination are watching court side strapped to their chairs heavily medicated like they are trying out for a a remix of a famous Pink Floyd vid, Der_Echte himself will come out and in the spirit of Jimmie Hendrix, (Jimmie destroyed a guitar at a concert in a brilliant and epic scene once) Der_Echte will destroy the table by means of CHAIN SAW cutting it in four like Team Goon Squad cut through the competition. DHS is funding the destruction and will use it in marketing to gain an edge in the rebel rock segment of the market. Zhang Jike can stick to WEAK action of kicking through barriers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Talk about drawing picture with words @Der_Echte .... looks like some brewery in the fatherland made a neat little profit tonight ! :D :D
The Goon Squad Nation is gunna fix TT for good this WTTC, just watch, we have the winning lineup. USD Carl is gunna medicate both our coaches (and everyone else's coaches), Tayna Harding will bash in the knees of any possible competitors, and Loretta Bobbit will cut off the manhood of any survivors. Imagine CPT Ma Long trying to play TT without his thing. Isn't gunna work. The Ping Pong Holic will out-muscle anyone wearing a tank top. We git 'ya covered.

Pics and stories to follow and exclusive interview with MVP Next Level and TT Monster at the Chicken eating fest after the tourney.

Der_Echte has a cure for the net increase... It is called a propane burning torch. Burn mudda fudda, BURN !! After Team Goon Squad clinches the finals with Suga D finishing off the match while coaches Archo and Delusion to Divination are watching court side strapped to their chairs heavily medicated like they are trying out for a a remix of a famous Pink Floyd vid, Der_Echte himself will come out and in the spirit of Jimmie Hendrix, (Jimmie destroyed a guitar at a concert in a brilliant and epic scene once) Der_Echte will destroy the table by means of CHAIN SAW cutting it in four like Team Goon Squad cut through the competition. DHS is funding the destruction and will use it in marketing to gain an edge in the rebel rock segment of the market. Zhang Jike can stick to WEAK action of kicking through barriers.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says what [IMG]

****in' radical, dude.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yes. These rule changes, the net, the taking the ball in the air, these are going to make the difference in the sport.

And just wait till you see The Goon Squad Nation in living color. I have a batch of chemicals cooked up that should take care of all the players and the spectators. They should be getting good visuals for weeks after the show. We have assembled the finest team money can buy. And you have something in store for you when you see how John McEnroe fits into the picture umpiring our games.

Or the finale: just wait for what Der_Echte did not reveal will go down after the CHAIN SAW. The pyrotechnics will be something people are talking about for decades. It will be sure to get this year's WTTC into the top of every news broadcast from here to Timbuktu. However, because of licensing agreements, I am not sure Der can reveal the exact details of what will go down or how the pyro action will be brought about. Rest assured, it will make any previous fire and firework display seem like child's play.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I hit the bed just after I hit the Submit button on my last port. Sure, I think I should be able to do a couple of hours around on Sunday. But most likely , I think they do have a league on Sundays, I think it starts around 2/2:30, when they start there won't be any tables left to play on unless you play the leauge ...
TT Monster, I have been at this one all day... beers are for AFTER the TT Action.

Speaking of action, would you like for more to cause trouble at Swan around 1 PM Sunday for a few hours?

Last edited: