This user has no status.
Li Wujun (CCTV sports journalist) posted this photo on Apr 10, saying these balls are used in Wuxi for multi-ball training of CNT. Not sure why they kept using DHS balls even during the tournaments.

cache.php

LOL . Whats even more fun, is that those Asian Championships happened in CHINA, its not like nobody told them in advance...

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
I am not sure why there is this big fuss over the ball. From my understanding, Miu Hirano was playing faster, stronger and consistently since the last time I saw her. The chinese were simply a tad too slow to catch up with her. Many times they were struggling to reach the ball. Its just a case of great training and match preparation. Remeber she won Japanese National Championship recently. It shows her training , experience in CSL etc are adding up perfectly. Also ML lost because he played very poorly. He looked tired and slow , body language was negative and so on. If ball change is an issue ,now how about FZD ?? Why the ball change has not affected him . He has decimated every opponent so far. And how about ZJK , the poor guy marred with injuries played with great resolve and results have showed up.

Overall I think many members of CNT this time were not up to their mark, possibly underprepard and also little complacent and that is the main reason they lost. Ball change is a minor factor.

I agree. I had great hopes for HIRANO, not that soon against the best Chinese, i thought she'd be ready, like, for Tokyo 2020, but she's really learning fast. Her win against ISHIKAWA at the National Championships was already very convincing. Probably she will stay on top or very near the top for quite some years to come. Her BH is the best in the world. Now her FH doesn't seem so powerful but she's hitting the ball very early. and she's finding awesome angles, often hitting the ball from the middle to the sides of the table.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
LOL . Whats even more fun, is that those Asian Championships happened in CHINA, its not like nobody told them in advance...

To me, the balls (D40+) are similar enough to Nittaku Premium but the most common complaint I hear is that these balls have less spin than Nittaku, not more spin, but who knows. In Ma Long's specific case, given he was the king of the plastic era with the DHS 40+, I get it. But the D40+ ball is fine as is. And if DHS had taken this problem seriously earlier, their ball would still be in use.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
My guess is that DHS ABS is very similar to NP. Otherwise it is really stupid to use DHS ABS in preparation for tournaments with NP. However, players with different style and touch get affected differently by the ABS balls.
Liu Guoliang commented on DHS ABS balls after the Stage II of WTTC trials (Marvelous 12 is Stage III):
The ABS ball is less spiny and faster. It is easy to play with this ball and leading to long rallies. In this trial, there are more topspin rallies. In terms of the style of powerful BH and balanced FH/BH, players of more aggressive style are favored, such as Fan Zhendong, Liang Jingkun and Xu Chenhao. Players of control and touch are less favored.
Now a lot of players find the spins change a lot. However, I think in a while, most likely AFTER WTTC, the players will find the feeling of spins with ABS balls. With the ability to master spin, the ranks won't differ much from those in the old DHS era.
http://sports.sohu.com/20170211/n480481314.shtml

To me, the balls (D40+) are similar enough to Nittaku Premium but the most common complaint I hear is that these balls have less spin than Nittaku, not more spin, but who knows. In Ma Long's specific case, given he was the king of the plastic era with the DHS 40+, I get it. But the D40+ ball is fine as is. And if DHS had taken this problem seriously earlier, their ball would still be in use.

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I am not sure why there is this big fuss over the ball. From my understanding, Miu Hirano was playing faster, stronger and consistently since the last time I saw her. The chinese were simply a tad too slow to catch up with her. Many times they were struggling to reach the ball. Its just a case of great training and match preparation. Remeber she won Japanese National Championship recently. It shows her training , experience in CSL etc are adding up perfectly. Also ML lost because he played very poorly. He looked tired and slow , body language was negative and so on. If ball change is an issue ,now how about FZD ?? Why the ball change has not affected him . He has decimated every opponent so far. And how about ZJK , the poor guy marred with injuries played with great resolve and results have showed up.

Overall I think many members of CNT this time were not up to their mark, possibly underprepard and also little complacent and that is the main reason they lost. Ball change is a minor factor.

Exactly, ma long himself didnt complain much as if you pay attention to the whole interview after his defeat. He was more upset with himself for letting the opponent to take initiative and making many unforced errors. LGY FZD ZJK XX all of them played up to their level with the nittaku. XX was just outplayed in the first balls, I dont think the ball has anything to do with that or that it affects the performance to be a deciding factor.

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews

Those are D40+. Should have not cause any problem at all for them to play a tournament with NP after that. If they are using this as an excuse, well, nobody should buy it.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
My guess is that DHS ABS is very similar to NP. Otherwise it is really stupid to use DHS ABS in preparation for tournaments with NP. However, players with different style and touch get affected differently by the ABS balls.
Liu Guoliang commented on DHS ABS balls after the Stage II of WTTC trials (Marvelous 12 is Stage III):
The ABS ball is less spiny and faster. It is easy to play with this ball and leading to long rallies. In this trial, there are more topspin rallies. In terms of the style of powerful BH and balanced FH/BH, players of more aggressive style are favored, such as Fan Zhendong, Liang Jingkun and Xu Chenhao. Players of control and touch are less favored.
Now a lot of players find the spins change a lot. However, I think in a while, most likely AFTER WTTC, the players will find the feeling of spins with ABS balls. With the ability to master spin, the ranks won't differ much from those in the old DHS era.
http://sports.sohu.com/20170211/n480481314.shtml

I play with both (D40+ and NP40+). They are very very similar. CNT has had ABS balls to train with as long as anyone. This is not a good excuse. As for the ball being "less spinny"? ABS balls are rounder. So maybe the spin affects it in a more predictable way. Compared to cellulose acetate 40+, the ABS balls also bounce a little higher and more consistently also (in other words quite a bit more like 40 mm balls and not like the terrible 40+ cellulose acetate balls). I am amazed that the CNT played a tournament with seamless balls. Those bounce higher still.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
jeong just won 13-11 in the fifth , was down 0-2 in the first two sets and 1-5 in the last , infact it was 4-8 and then probably 8-10 , but he found a way out ... what a guy !
hey guys talk about the result . I cant watch the games . what is score for koki niwa and sangeun jeung game?/

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
FZD def ZJK 3-1. ZJK was up 10-9 in 1st set but lost. FZD is playing very high quality. Will make a short work of sangeun jeung. Good to see ZJK doing an exhibition point at the end and overall a good tournament for him and his confidence. He is not far away from his best. If he takes a break from Korean Open and prepares well for Worlds, I would give him a high chance of going all the way there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
FZD def ZJK 3-1. ZJK was up 10-9 in 1st set but lost. FZD is playing very high quality. Will make a short work of sangeun jeung. Good to see ZJK doing an exhibition point at the end and overall a good tournament for him and his confidence. He is not far away from his best. If he takes a break from Korean Open and prepares well for Worlds, I would give him a high chance of going all the way there.
Thnx for your info .Jike was really motivated but still had pain in his foot . but again good work . Fan Zhendong is champion