This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
That's why we love ZJK, he doesn't give up. Sad that the new coach won't give him as many chances as LGL did.He said that they aren't familiar to each other, so he can only decide based on his performance. Which isn't that good.

LGL is still the big daddy of Men's team. Didn't we see him handling ML and ZJK in this tournament. It is not that new coach does not know ZJK . He was ML's coach from the times ZJK won the grand slam and defeated ML in WTTC. Infact he would have studied ZJK's game to the core to strengthen ML's game. Agreed he may not have a working relationship with ZJK.

On a sidenote , given TT's ever decreasing popularity in China, ZJK fan base itself should be a big enough reason to keep him in CNT as long as he wants.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I still have hope that he will be back , I think right now his only goal till he resolves his injury issues is to make sure he does not get beaten by non Chinese players and Chinese players other than the top 4 in the major tournaments , and he has proved already in the Olympics that even with injury he can still make sure he reaches the final, .... not sure if the coaches will allow that to happen for a long time , especially when Lin Gaoyuan has showed so much promise off late ..... but again , for them to field ZJK against foreigners is a lot safer bet than fielding new comers .... so we basically don't know how long he is going to continue or how long the CNT coaches will give him time to continue his injury rehabillation ... also because of his fan following it will difficult for them to remove him ... I haven't seen such support for any other players ... the only one that come remotely close is Ma Long

Yeah but I dont think that this means is that ZJK is finished, its just that he does not know the guy very well and he could only co-operate with him based on his performance , he is clearly saying "I dont know how to handle him psychologically, but only evaluate his game"

You mean the 1st stage trials? Well he was excluded in the first place being a grand slam champion but I dont think he could do well. You can see that every youngster plays his heart out when facing ZJK or ML. What is clear for me is that his performance definitely depends a lot on his psychology of the day, the last time we saw an "unhindered" ZJK was against apollonia in qatar, he moved really fast like in the past but since then his performance is mostly solid & safe play not the ZJK we admired. So maybe there is a small chance for us to see him playing 100% again

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
That's why we love ZJK, he doesn't give up. Sad that the new coach won't give him as many chances as LGL did. He said that they aren't familiar to each other, so he can only decide based on his performance. Which isn't that good.

What do you think, if he would participate in the Trials (not Marvellous 12) with his injuries like now against Oshima, which place would he take? I think he would end at the fourth or fifth place (including Ma Long).

Liu guoliang is the head coach of CNT and I think every thing is under his authority

006whgJUgy1feonq1mjpdj30r70ke1kx.jpg

71cfa7d4ly1feourg4uthj20wq0ludkv.jpg

71cfa7d4ly1feourhq68sj20zz0nz7e3.jpg

f79c91b180404a0ea9dbd08ca30aba9e_th.jpg

. I found an artical which Zjk tells that He just trained 4 day for asian championships and he is satisfied with the reason . For WTTC he thinks can be 70or 80 percent prepared . Here is the link . you can read the interview

: http://www.gxnews.com.cn/staticpages/20170417/newgx58f41781-16106981.shtml

In other artical qin zhijian is sure that zjk state can get better and better

: http://sports.qianlong.com/2017/0418/1610111.shtml

PHOTOS YOU MAY LIKE :

Gesture of south korea's coach ;) yeahh interesting ( I remember the semi final in rio)
3e1db529gy1fekyes9rfvj229v315kjo.jpg

6b2701b3gy1femmdojuahj20tz1237fl.jpg

it's one of the most shared pic's i guess . every fan has shared this photos :p
9eb97a91gy1feoyjlyi4uj212w1mdkjl.jpg

9eb97a91gy1feoyjs7ggpj213z1o0npd.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
@zoomtt

thats very interesting thank u vm

how did you make those stats ?
and how did you make the infographic with the position of serves on the table ?
did you use some software automatically making those stats from the videos ? whats this software ?

cheers

Could be using video analytics software ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Thank you for the feedback! I'm using a couple of self-crafted tools for the analysis. They aren't too sophisticated but help to get the metrics in a faster way. I may publish them in the future if improve them a bit!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Do you think chinese men would be beaten if it was best of 7 game?It is first tournament a so importatant best of 5.It is ridiculous.Even challenge world tour event is best of 7

I think that best of five is beneficial for non-favorite players, as it's easier to have three high level games than four.. best of seven allows some relax. I guess that's why some times Chinese players lose one or two sets against European players

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Probably it is because of the controversial net serve by LGY in set 4 when they are leveled at 6:6. ZJK said it was net but umpire and LGY said no. ZJK was obviously affected and loss the next 4 points straight and the set.

Also ZJK called for medical treatment after narrowly winning set 3 and took a 5 minutes break to fix his left foot. I bet he just won't feel right losing to a new comer LGY at this stage so he had to give it all out and pump himself up even in such a bad condition.

ZJK said that he just can't keep up with FZD after losing the semi final and probably he won't feel as bad losing to the WR#2.

This is one match not to be missed with so many great shots and the side of ZJK we have not seen for so long. Hope there will be HD version of it later.

I don't think ZJK is not feeling right losing to LGY. You can check his interview after 1/8 final, he said that it's hard for him to compete against LGY since he's a teammate who's familiar and that he would try all out to prepare and play no matter the result. It is the controversial netball that annoyed ZJK, b/c ZJK thought it was net and he was sure that LGY knows it, but LGY denied to the umpire.

After ZJK called it's a netball, their conversation:
LGY said first "it's not a netball".
ZJK: It's a netball, you stopped there (after serving) and you said it's not a netball?
LGY: I don't know, let the umpire call.

Then the umpire didn't change her mind and ZJK accepted the decision and continued the game (not in a good way for him though).

So in the fifth game, "ZJK tried to find LGY's weakness (his forehand) little by little and punched him hard. " - this sentence is quoted from Deng Yaping.

So I think ZJK's reaction is reflecting his attitude towards LGY's lack of sportsmanship, not his arrogance - actually he is not arrogant at all. After all, he's a great player who said "when you're enjoying victories, you also have to be prepared to lose" dates back to 2012.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baal and ttmonster