Does anyone try DHS tensor rubber, Gold Arc 8?

Hi, this is my review posted in tabletennisdb.com:

"This is the first DHS Rubber that is not a Chinese rubber. It's made in Germany and I can confirm it's an effective ESN rubber no tacky. For me is the best rubber I ever tried: 1) worderful serves with a huge amount of backspin 2) very easy open loops against backspin with a lot of rotation 3) strong countertopspin 4) strong pushes 5) fantastic blocks. What do you want more? The best rubber!!!"

Bye :D

Reactions: ADurao
Hi, this is my review posted in tabletennisdb.com:

"This is the first DHS Rubber that is not a Chinese rubber. It's made in Germany and I can confirm it's an effective ESN rubber no tacky. For me is the best rubber I ever tried: 1) worderful serves with a huge amount of backspin 2) very easy open loops against backspin with a lot of rotation 3) strong countertopspin 4) strong pushes 5) fantastic blocks. What do you want more? The best rubber!!!"

Bye :D

what do you think of this rubber for backhand? also, how much does goldarch 8 cost?

This rubber has a medium throw angle (depend also which blade you use) and a fantastic grip and some friend players like it for backhand (I tried the 47.5°). Until now the production is not stable and the suppliers don't have all the thickness (2.0 and Max) and sponge hardness too (47.5° and 50°) always available. The price is 42usd-45usd, bye :)

This rubber has a medium throw angle (depend also which blade you use) and a fantastic grip and some friend players like it for backhand (I tried the 47.5°). Until now the production is not stable and the suppliers don't have all the thickness (2.0 and Max) and sponge hardness too (47.5° and 50°) always available. The price is 42usd-45usd, bye :)

what do you mean with 'the production is not stable' ?

I mean that the rubber came out from few days and the requests are more than the production so is hard find a supplier who has all the thickness and hardness available. Bye :)

i see, dont worry, I buy it directly from china...

btw, when you said 'For me is the best rubber I ever tried' what are your comparison?

I tried a lot of rubbers: Tenergy 05, 80, 64, 25; Tibhar MX-S, MX-P, EL-S, EL-P, FX-S, FX-P, 5Q+, 5Q VIP; DONIC M1 TURBO, M1, M2, M3, P1 TURBO, P1, P2, P3, JP01 TURBO; ANDRO Rasant Grip, Powergrip, Beat; Victas V>15 Extra, Limber; Mizuno GFPro; Nittaku Fastarc G-1, P1; Gewo Nanoflex FT48, FT40, Hype EL 47,5, Hype XT Pro 40.0, Hype XT Pro 50.0; JOOLA Maxxx-P, Ryzhm-P, Maxxx500; and others.. I tried the Rasanter R47 this week and I like it so much and now I have to decide the best for me, but I want to wait to try the last Donic Rubbers Bluestorm Z1-Z2 too. Bye :)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I tried a lot of rubbers: Tenergy 05, 80, 64, 25; Tibhar MX-S, MX-P, EL-S, EL-P, FX-S, FX-P, 5Q+, 5Q VIP; DONIC M1 TURBO, M1, M2, M3, P1 TURBO, P1, P2, P3, JP01 TURBO; ANDRO Rasant Grip, Powergrip, Beat; Victas V>15 Extra, Limber; Mizuno GFPro; Nittaku Fastarc G-1, P1; Gewo Nanoflex FT48, FT40, Hype EL 47,5, Hype XT Pro 40.0, Hype XT Pro 50.0; JOOLA Maxxx-P, Ryzhm-P, Maxxx500; and others.. I tried the Rasanter R47 this week and I like it so much and now I have to decide the best for me, but I want to wait to try the last Donic Rubbers Bluestorm Z1-Z2 too. Bye :)

What about Rozena? :D

I tried the gold arc 8 today both 50 and 47,5 hardness, played it on a viscaria, no boost on it. I liked the 50 the most, really good feeling on the 50 with lots of grip and spin. Speed was like a El-s. Good control too, easy to block and counter. Recommended!

Reactions: yoass and RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews

yoda-impressive.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Agreed. But I'd also like to add that it's a solid rubber, perhaps a bit "boring" - it's not really best in the world at anything but good at everything :) Most obvious characteristics is that it handles incoming spin with ease - counterlooping and blocking heavy spin is a treat.

I tried the gold arc 8 today both 50 and 47,5 hardness, played it on a viscaria, no boost on it. I liked the 50 the most, really good feeling on the 50 with lots of grip and spin. Speed was like a El-s. Good control too, easy to block and counter. Recommended!

Agreed. But I'd also like to add that it's a solid rubber, perhaps a bit "boring" - it's not really best in the world at anything but good at everything :) Most obvious characteristics is that it handles incoming spin with ease - counterlooping and blocking heavy spin is a treat.

from your description it looks like GA8 is just a control all-around rubber (probably similar to joola rhyzm / victas (i forgot which version). Basically just good rubber but not having tremendous killing power.

How do you compare this to top rubbers? T05, Acuda P1, MX-P, etc...

This user has no status.

Can you review Rasanter R47 .I very interest Is it firm for Jun Mizutani ZLC ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Yes, you have to generate most of the power yourself. T05 is spinnier and bouncier, haven't tried the other rubbers.

from your description it looks like GA8 is just a control all-around rubber (probably similar to joola rhyzm / victas (i forgot which version). Basically just good rubber but not having tremendous killing power.

How do you compare this to top rubbers? T05, Acuda P1, MX-P, etc...

Can you review Rasanter R47 .I very interest Is it firm for Jun Mizutani ZLC ?

Hi, the R47 has a high catapult and arc and a lot of spin in slow and fast topspin. The control is good too, the topsheet is elastic and when you play slow topspin the ball goes high immediately and then fall down at the end of the table and is more difficult for your opponent make a good block: you can do fast topspin vs backspin easily. The serves are spinny too, countertopspin very good: the only problem is the durability because after 30-40 days you must change it (with 7-9 hours of training for a week). Bye :)

p.s: the Donic Z1 is harder and faster than R47 and is a beast, but R47 I think has a little more spin in topspin. In the serves the Z1 has more spin and his block is fantastic

Last edited: