Does anyone try DHS tensor rubber, Gold Arc 8?

This made me laugh.

Fun to see when someone is trying to figure out what they mean; even if they think they know what they mean.

50 durometer sponge with softer topsheet feels different than 50 durometer sponge with harder topsheet.

Even though the 50 is 50.

So, if someone was to suggest that all the 50s are different numbers, or that they measure the hardness of sponge and topsheet at the same time, just run away or you may end up with W968 Blue Sponge Rubbers with a T05-H3 National Custom blade. And don't forget the National socks and underwear.

And now I am wondering which kind of booster I should use on the socks and underwear?

Darn it! Now the goon squad is after me yet again. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Ok, I give up :eek:
You are right. 50 is 50.

Now I have to agree that sponge hardness itself is a dominant vector, explaining everything about a rubber /now rubber really sounds strange :confused:/ and in that regard I really can't find deferences between a sponge of 50 + damn rubber topsheet and a sponge of 50 + some socks /anyway unwashed are harder, but it doesn't matter if we stick on the 50/
;)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ok, I give up :eek:
You are right. 50 is 50.

Now I have to agree that sponge hardness itself is a dominant vector, explaining everything about a rubber /now rubber really sounds strange :confused:/ and in that regard I really can't find deferences between a sponge of 50 + damn rubber topsheet and a sponge of 50 + some socks /anyway unwashed are harder, but it doesn't matter if we stick on the 50/
;)

The companies measure the sponge hardness. They don't measure the topsheet hardness. I did not hear anyone say that the sponge hardness indicates everything about the rubber or gives a full picture of overall rubber feel. All it is for is to give you some idea of the feel of the SPONGE.

I use this:

s-l1600.jpg

to boost my national issue Mizuno Shoes. Gives much better performance than Haifu Oil. True, the boost only lasts for a few hours. Just long enough. :) When seeing a joke, you may ask: "why the joke? What happened that caused a joke? Who said or did something funny?" :)

More than one person has said that a rubber with a sponge with a particular hardness and a softer topsheet will feel different than a rubber with a sponge that is the same hardness but a harder topsheet. But what the companies measure is the sponge. It is just a reference number. This is not rocket science.

You are a good guy. You like posting information. I kind of feel like it is better to make things a joke when someone is insisting they are "right" and changing the discussion to try and make themselves "right" when they realize they did not understand what someone else was talking about.

Stop worrying about being right. See if you can add to discussions without trying to come off as a "know it all". We all make mistakes. So what if you confused sponge hardness with overall feel of a rubber. The people you were trying to argue with already know they are not quite the same. So no need to come off aggressively when you didn't fully understand what was being said.

And since the measuring of the sponge hardness is not the issue you are talking about, and you are talking about overall feel of the rubber, just separate the two issues and then the discussion will change.

As an adult, sometimes saying something like: "oh yeah, I see, two different rubbers can have the same durometer sponge and still feel different because of how different the top sheets are," would be a mature thing to do. But when someone is stubbornly insistent that they are right and they are not really sure what they are right about, it starts looking odd.

I have made plenty of mistakes. I have learned a lot from posting information I thought was correct only to find out it was not.

In fact, Suga D has pointed me in the right direction MANY TIMES.

No harm in starting off with an incorrect assumption. But continuing the argument as though everyone else is wrong is kind of immature.

BTW: That information I gave a while ago about how Xiom uses the term Aramid to mean the same substance as the Arylate in Butterfly blades: I at first posted that they were different and was given the information that they are the same from a guy who is in R&D for Xiom. He was very gracious in explaining to me how and why they did it. Sometimes we learn from starting off with an incorrect assumption and refining our understanding. There is no harm there. The question is, can you do it graciously.

At fifty-two years old, I have made more mistakes about more things than I could ever dream to count up. The issue is, can I learn from when I come out like I know what I am talking about and realize I may be incorrect.

Here is what you are correct about: two rubbers that are labeled with a 47 degree sponge can feel very different. I don't think anyone was arguing against that. But that does not mean the measurement of the sponge for the two rubbers would be different. All the number is for is to give us an idea of the hardness of the SPONGE. Not the overall feel of the rubber.

Now I am going to go use my tip top tire glue to boost my national shoe laces.

Last edited:
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
OK and waw .... this ARC 5 is rubber i was searching for BH.......
I tuned it (a little, only one layer) Bye bye rasanter ...rasanter was good but little bit bouncy and with the strange feeling ...
And what is more interesting is there is more spin then rasanter has ,,,Great rubber? nooo excellent rubber!!!!.
only one downside is the weight ... 63.5 grams (+ 1gram of booster) where rasanter has 60 grams...... hmmm and not any comment on the picture above ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Like a blade that says table tennis daily? :)
Finaly ...;-)
i have posted a week ago something like this on different thread ....
Now it is on the way to Dan ... I`m not sure if he will have time or will t make review ... but it will be definitely in giveaway thread...

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I’ve played all these for quite a while.

Rozena is a robust overall workhorse that does everything well. The feeling of that sponge (the same as the regular tenergies) I find very nice. Fun to play, and high but not ultimate levels of speed. Decent spin.

Gold Arc 8 has a firm, but not extremely hard, top layer. At 47.5° it’s very much like Rasanter R48 and Vega X; so much so that I don’t think I could tell these apart in a blind test. Spinny, high power envelope, very reliable.

At 50°, GA8 is a different beast. A bit like Rasanter R53 (to an even greater extent), the sensation of a relatively supple top sheet with a roaring power reservoir underneath is overwhelming, in a good way. I might slap a sheet of GA8/50° I’ve kept in store again in the near future; it’s a fun and tempting rubber.

That being said, the firm top sheet and (blasphemy!) “tameable tenergy” feeling of Nittaku’s Fastarc-G1 feel even better for me. Highly subjective, highly level-relative, of course.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I found it to be a decent rubber that I remember inspiring confidence in my play giving good speed/spin/control. I would agree though about Fastarc G1 feeling even better to my subjective experience. I found Goldarc 8 Red at 47.5 had very poor durability - lost its grip noticeably after a few weeks - possibly it was a poor batch? Heard others speak of durability issues with it though....Great if you like it and can afford to change regularly, but G1 is way more durable.