Ask a Pro anything: Pitchford, Drinkhall, Walker..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
That defend style seems to be pretty succesful though.
Do you think if Valuch had better results and would be ranked higher he still wouldn't play?

Well..
How to say this.. Our table tennis federation pushes Novota instead of him, but we all know who is better.
Before they pushed Kalužný instead of Valuch, but I dont remember Valuch ever losing to him.
Last time when there was a "prepare" tournament, Valuch beat Šereda, Novota, Pištej. He beat them all. Yet he lost to others, because he just didnt care. He aimed to beat the best and he did.
But .. our asociation or federation or what the hell it is, they push their people, and that is not Valuch.
They had quite few tournaments to determine who will go to WTTC.. but all quit at Slovak championships, where Valuch was unfortunate and met Thomas Keinath in early round, having quite tough match (I will upload this one soon), then tiread Keinath lost to Novota, and Novota ended up second. (having really easy draw, to be honest).
So for Slovakia it is Wang Yang, Lubomír Pištej, Samuel Novota and Peter Šereda, still Šereda plays not very well lately, so I really dont understand this decision. Also Novota is far worse than Valuch. And Valuch is U21 european doubles champion.
Obviously, some people dont care for some relevant thoughts..

Reactions: bobpuls and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Oh, and 2 more things about Valuch :)

From September I guess, there will be new (and a very good one) blade from Gewo - Alexander Valuch OFF
:)

Second - he will play now 2nd Bundesliga in Germany. How got he the place there?
He went into a club for trying, former coach of Timo Boll was there, he saw him play and told them to definitely take him.
So they did. Now he will have oportunity to train with Ovtcharov, Boll .. sometimes.. cool, huh?
Novota could never play such a league, ha..

Reactions: bobpuls and Suga D
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews

From September I guess, there will be new (and a very good one) blade from Gewo - Alexander Valuch OFF

Second - he will play now 2nd Bundesliga in Germany. How got he the place there?
He went into a club for trying, former coach of Timo Boll was there, he saw him play and told them to definitely take him.
So they did. Now he will have oportunity to train with Ovtcharov, Boll .. sometimes.. cool, huh?
This is great news....i`m really happy for him
Thanks for this info.

Reactions: Suga D and Michal_Z
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well..
How to say this.. Our table tennis federation pushes Novota instead of him, but we all know who is better.
Before they pushed Kalužný instead of Valuch, but I dont remember Valuch ever losing to him.
Last time when there was a "prepare" tournament, Valuch beat Šereda, Novota, Pištej. He beat them all. Yet he lost to others, because he just didnt care. He aimed to beat the best and he did.
But .. our asociation or federation or what the hell it is, they push their people, and that is not Valuch.
They had quite few tournaments to determine who will go to WTTC.. but all quit at Slovak championships, where Valuch was unfortunate and met Thomas Keinath in early round, having quite tough match (I will upload this one soon), then tiread Keinath lost to Novota, and Novota ended up second. (having really easy draw, to be honest).
So for Slovakia it is Wang Yang, Lubomír Pištej, Samuel Novota and Peter Šereda, still Šereda plays not very well lately, so I really dont understand this decision. Also Novota is far worse than Valuch. And Valuch is U21 european doubles champion.
Obviously, some people dont care for some relevant thoughts..

That's exactly what my question was about. See sometimes the ones that make these decisions have a bias against someone or sometimes for someone, but if the results are speaking a clear language there's no way around him. That's a bit the situation Dima was facing when not many believed in him. And just look at him now.
[EMOJI2]
The non-believers got silenced or actually evaporated.

Cool, his own pro-model. Gotta look out for that one then.

This is a real good opportunity and i hope he can grab it by the balls and adapts fast to the new class of opponents.
At first it might not be an easy walk in the park, so hopefully people don't put too much pressure on him by having too high expectations.
Most players that play in a league of this format for the first time are struggling at first but after a while some will adapt while others might get dropped.
However the outcome may be, it really is a good chance for him to show his skills and give a testimonial and recommendation for your National Team.
So actually it looks as if everything's coming his way. He just needs to be patient, keep working hard and hang in there some more.

Reactions: Michal_Z
says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews
pls believe me it is not impossible, it depends on how much time you can put for your dream. If you have the potential and you have the determination , it could be possible. Of-course the chance is a little remote but nevertheless it is not all impossible. I play quite high level table tennis, one kids one yr ago started to play table tennis, he has table tennis all over him, he plays every night at our club, less then a yr, he beat me 3-1 two months ago. He is only 13.

Thanks for the kind words:) I can only endeavor to the best of my capability