Everything you need to know: ITTF Presidency 2017!

Who do want elected as president?

• Thomas Weikert

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Jean Michel Saive

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • Khalil Al Mohannadi

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Thanks for posting that. I had not seen it before. From that interview alone it is already clear that Weikert is a vast improvement. So once he has actually been elected (remember this is the first time he is actually standing for election) he may feel more empowered and hopefully his judgment is good.

Sometime's there's a reason for necromancy. Here it is.

I just read https://www.ittf.com/2019/03/15/itt...-statement-former-president-mr-adham-sharara/, about the suspension of Adham Shahara "for inappropriate misconduct" and couldn't help but think the winds did change. Even though this is a bitter read.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Sometime's there's a reason for necromancy. Here it is.

I just read https://www.ittf.com/2019/03/15/itt...-statement-former-president-mr-adham-sharara/, about the suspension of Adham Shahara "for inappropriate misconduct" and couldn't help but think the winds did change. Even though this is a bitter read.

A 'bitter read' for sure.

What I don't get is that the suspension is set up only for four years.
And after these four years he can become ITTF president again?
*Smh*
From my personal experience people that have done these things only wait to get a second chance to blow it again.
They seem to have some inner resistance towards learning from mistakes and taking advice.

If I had to decide over this it would have been a lifetime suspension. IMHO the chances that he will do stuff like this again are quite high.
PLUS next time he might be even a bit smarter to avoid getting caught again and making it harder to find evidence.

I wouldn't even hire him as an umpire, racket control or anything, since they could also be bribed.

He might be able to have the leadership for a club or smth, but he has proven that he's unable and disqualified himself for a leadership of any association.

Just my 0.02€

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
A 'bitter read' for sure.

What I don't get is that the suspension is set up only for four years.
And after these four years he can become ITTF president again?
*Smh*
From my personal experience people that have done these things only wait to get a second chance to blow it again.
They seem to have some inner resistance towards learning from mistakes and taking advice.

If I had to decide over this it would have been a lifetime suspension. IMHO the chances that he will do stuff like this again are quite high.
PLUS next time he might be even a bit smarter to avoid getting caught again and making it harder to find evidence.

I wouldn't even hire him as an umpire, racket control or anything, since they could also be bribed.

He might be able to have the leadership for a club or smth, but he has proven that he's unable and disqualified himself for a leadership of any association.

Just my 0.02€

Would you allow him to still star in Greg Letts videos ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The main question I have is what took them so long?

Reactions: Atas Newton
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Also the phrase inappropriate misconduct seems to imply that there exists a form of appropriate misconduct.

We can all wonder if someone thinks that way.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Gathering evidence? I suppose but it took several years. Unless the shady stuff Sharara was doing was over and above what we all pretty much knew he was doing. And of course it is not like they can force anyone to cooperate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Don't you remember the impeding worldwide shortage of the stuff?

We don't want all these equipment companies to make moar money re-making cell-ball equipment, do we??

Is there really a shortage, celluloid ball prices were not going up before the plastic was introduced.

The celluloid balls are more consistent without the freakish deceleration of the plastic. I bet if you had a vote of players worldwide, celluloid would win.

Reactions: yoass
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Gathering evidence? I suppose but it took several years. Unless the shady stuff Sharara was doing was over and above what we all pretty much knew he was doing. And of course it is not like they can force anyone to cooperate.

There's knowing, and then there's knowing and be able to produce proof. We knew Nixon was a crook in '71, but still it took a few years, and even now that news doesn't have seemed to reach the general audience pervasively.

Last edited: