Butterfly Rozena!!!

This user has no status.
Butterfly sponsored clubs will recommend this for kids, until they switch to Tenergy. I've seen the Sriver G3 used as a training rubber in a club where Butterfly was the preferred brand, now Rozena with better characteristics and for higher price will take that role.

For me, I hope it will be an excellent alternative to Tenergy 05 for a lower price with a close qualities!

Reactions: ajtatosmano2
says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
Just got my ROZENA (black, max) :D ... but I'm working now, so will have a chance to try it only after 5-6 hours :(
Butterfly Apolonia ZLC [FL] - Butterfly ROZENA (black, max).jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
How is rozena for serves andy?

Actually, this is probably the bit I'm struggling with the most with Rozena. I'm finding that my short serves are incredibly good - much shorter than normal with good spin. But when I try to add a little bit more to the service action, I get a much deeper result. It feels really quite off/on for serves, but I'm adjusting over time. I'm probably just too used to other types of rubber these days.

Reactions: TTHopeful
says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
Played Rozena on BH for a few days... like it, IMO it's just as I expected: in comparison with 05 it's slower, just a bit softer, have less spin and less sensitive to incoming spin, also Rozena a bit more tolerant than 05 to angle mistakes... For BH for now it's ideal for me, for FH it's too slow and overall 05 of FH is better for me IMHO...

But found one con though, yesterday started to play in a tournament that took place in a very humid room... not that 05 played good in this circumstances, but it somehow played, it had some coherency with the ball... but Rozena didn't play at all, topsheet had almost zero coherency with the ball, it was like antispin... I didn't even finish first match, it was pointless, and I just forfeited and go home...

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Got to play for about an hour with Rozena 2.1 on Stiga Emerald VPS V. There was a Mantra H 2.0 on that frame as well.

An hour isn't much, and that frame definltely is a bit out of my comfort-zone, speed- and controlwise. But I got some impressions.

First, a few words about the Mantra H. I wasn't focused on it in particular, just left it on my BH. Yet it surprised me, especially when blocking. I got amazingly aggressive active blocks out of it, with a great feeling of control. Flicks and spins were OK, but I think my spins weren't loaded as heavily. I got flatter curves, but extreme speed. I've played with T80 and would prefer Mantra H, based on that limited experience — but I'm not playing with T80 for a reason. Still, I had fun with Mantra H.

But that's not why I picked up this setup. That was for Rozena. Having come from T05, which I greatly liked. Yet within the confines of my physique, age, and amount of training time available to work on matters of consistency, I never felt I mastered it sufficiently in both the short game and in direct, flat hits — including flat kill shots, smashes.

Rozena does recall the T05 feeling. The feel of the ball being grabbed and chewed on is exactly the same, with a similar "thwck!" sound starting high-pitched then dropping low. Throw and curve look close enough. Others report it's not quite a spinny, which might be true. But it feels great, and you get a nice large window when playing spins. Once you get the hang of it, spinny and curved slow brushes feel very solid, and can be alternated with speedy, deep spins; I had a lot of fun hitting a few rallies with a classic chopper.

I could block with T05 confidently, but I think even more so with Rozena. About equal in passive blocks, but when blocking actively I just felt there was no limit to the pace I could put in that stroke. Cannonballs. The same held for counterhits; doing that with good consistency was hard work (for me) with T05, but Rozena felt natural and easy. When in position and close to the table (again, I'm by no means a young whippersnapper and must confess anyway that even when I was I wasn't the fastest of the bunch near the table) direct hits were amazing to do.

Touch play, then, and service reception is where I hit the limits of my abilities with T05. Which is why I "downgraded" to Vega Pro, in the end. Rozena is still a lively beast, but when I played a few games with higher-level players that usually are level with me in rallies but win the points that make the difference when serving I now beat them. I tried both a more passive and a more aggrive attitude in service reception, and both worked. With T05, I was very vulnerable in passive reception (less so actively).

For me, then, Rozena did in the end feel like a T05 tamed a bit to suit my limited level. Compared to my Vega Pro, it is a bit livelier, and in brush loops/powerloops it's probably even a bit better. Direct hits, touch play and serve/receives are probably on a par.

I've also spent a few moments with Rasanter last week, which is a different thing altogether. T05, Rozena and Vega Pro feel like a family, with some siblings a bit wilder and some a bit tamer. The feel (and sound) of Rasanter is great, but different.

A friend, after playing with it, put two Rozenas (2.1) on an OCC and will play with it over summer. I'll borrow it every now and then to get a more in-depth acquantance with it. Come the end of summer, and the start of the next competition season, I'll have to see where my recovery training is taking me. My current VPs will be spent by then, and Rozena is definitely a contender.