Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 79 184
    J
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 184 79

Nittaku Ma Long 5

So i tried to change from one all-wood blade to another after almost four years. Here is how it goes..

I switched to this Ma Long 5 blade from the Hurricane Wang Liqin. The outer layer is koto on this blade which is hard, however the inner layers give the blade stability and stay on the strokes. I am using this blade with Tenergy 05 2.1 on the forehand (Red) and Tenergy 64fx 2.1 (Black) on the backhand. The blade gives out a nice sound when hitting the ball. Especially on the loops the sound generated is awesome.
    The blade has decent power for counter-loops, close to the table play, short game is quite decent too. All in all if you are looking for a 5 ply wood which supports the modern offensive game, this blade will suit you.
    In my opinion this blade is Off-, not Off or Off+. Reason is that you have to have the proper technique in order to make use of the speed of this blade, this blade is not outright 'pacey' so to speak. You need proper brushing technique otherwise the blade wont give you much support.

This blade will suit the beginner - intermediate player in my view.

The Following User Likes Jaffar Lone's Post:

sanavasaraja

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 96 623
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 623 96
    Nittaku Ma Long 5 isn't the DHS Long V?
    By the way, this NML5 is it better than TSPW( stratus power wood) about the control?

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 120 176
    S
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 176 120
    No, NML5 is not the same as DHS HL 5. Other than the word Long 5, the plies are completely different and last I hear, play quite differently as well. However both reviews seem to be positive. This a probably just a marketing ploy to get ppl to buy NML5 thinking its a higher quality HL5 compared to DHS ver by confusing the public.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 79 184
    J
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 184 79
    SilentRain is right, DHS Ma Long 5 is a 7 ply Arlyate carbon blade, Nittaku Ma Long 5 is a 5 ply pure wood blade. As for control, i am not certain how this compares with the Tibhar Power stratus wood as i never tried that particular blade.

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 96 623
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 623 96
    I'd say the same as Jaffar, about control, would be better a nml5 than a stratus power wood? I heard TSPW is faster than Bty Petr Korbel, bit more solid and stiffer, so I was between NML5, Korbel and TSPW.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

says legendary EJ

Elite TTD Member 222 1,045
    K
    says legendary EJ

Elite TTD Member 1,045 222

User Info Menu

Oct 2016
    Poland
    Read 2 Reviews
    nittaku ma long 5 is very very good and solid blade, it gives you very good control with nice spin but the best part of blade is block- this is the best blocking blade ever.

says TT-CLOWN, old git

Senior TTD Member 281 796
    L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

Senior TTD Member 796 281
    Quote Originally Posted by Konrad Bak
    nittaku ma long 5 is very very good and solid blade, it gives you very good control with nice spin but the best part of blade is block- this is the best blocking blade ever.

the best ever blocking blade is TSP BLOCKMAN II