Using hand sanitizer to help remove rubber

This user has no status.
Hi all,
I have heard that you can use nail polish remover to help remove your rubber from the blade. I wanted to know if I could use hand sanitizer, or rubbing alcohol/alcohol swabs for the same purpose.
I think that ain't gonna work, but you should try and tell us the results

Enviado desde mi XT1058 mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
no harm in trying though, even if it does not work your hands would be super clean afterwards, sorry just could not help :D

but honestly , and I am taking a complete theoretical guess here and my favorite subject isn't chemistry , I don't think its the alcohol , its most probably the acetone in the nail polish remover that acts as the solvent and dissolves the glue

I don't think hand sanitizer has acetone , its most probably a mixture of ethyl alcohol and glycerine with other fragrances ... not sure if ethyl alcohol will dissolve the glue but you can always test it out

Reactions: bobpuls
no harm in trying though, even if it does not work your hands would be super clean afterwards, sorry just could not help :D

but honestly , and I am taking a complete theoretical guess here and my favorite subject isn't chemistry , I don't think its the alcohol , its most probably the acetone in the nail polish remover that acts as the solvent and dissolves the glue

I don't think hand sanitizer has acetone , its most probably a mixture of ethyl alcohol and glycerine with other fragrances ... not sure if ethyl alcohol will dissolve the glue but you can always test it out

Oh but I once tried gasoline for two different blades to remove the old glue/sponge and it worked really well. The only problem is it's not very safe and the smell is awful.