Handcrafted blades by MDP

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I really like the super mario..... Really cool looking.
Nice clean job. I think customers are very satisfied

Btw i finished also few blades and some time ago i finished my secret handle.. Also with video.... Bur im to lazy to cut it... Grrrr. Anyway great looking blades!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
The outer material on the 3 pictures is spruce. I have been using it a lot lately and use it for my new competition blade aswel.

I don't plan any blades with walnut at the moment, but I still have it in stock and used it in the past. It gives a very beautifull look.

Very nice! I've been using spruce as a medial ply (Koto or Limba outers), and I like it quite a bit. Clearly it's working well for you - but are there any issues with it being too soft as an outer ply? What are you using for the medial plies in those blades? Keep up the great work, as always!

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
Another penhold blade :

cache.php

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Beautiful blade, I don't think mahogany gets used enough, it's a great top ply. Maybe it's because there are so many varieties all of which have different properties. True South American mahogany such as Brazilian and Cuban mahogany have very similar properties to koto, perhaps a touch softer. I agree with Nate - the grains on the end of the handle are superb.

This user has no status.
Just wondering if anyone who uses MDP's fine blades had any suggestions for rubbers? I will be getting the Super Mario model. I tend to play forehand topsin loop and counter hit on the backhand. I like to play spinny serves so need a nice tacky rubber. I don't want to spend too much money as this is a little bit of an experiment for me.was thinking of some of the cheaper Chinese rubbers though from memory when they first came to the UK they were very heavy so a light weight rubber would be cool.
Also what is the best glue to use?
Finally the blades look so good it seems such a shame to cover them with rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hello, MDP. Those are BEAUTIFUL :). You could easily create your own brand :D . I have a question : in near future I'd be interested in buying a blade. I thought of you, since I really like what I see here. What'd be the examplary cost of an all-wood 5-ply blade (I think of composition similar to Butterfly Primorac OFF-) ?

Last edited:

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
Hello, MDP. Those are BEAUTIFUL :). You could easily create your own brand :D . I have a question : in near future I'd be interested in buying a blade. I thought of you, since I really like what I see here. What'd be the examplary cost of an all-wood 5-ply blade (I think of composition similar to Butterfly Primorac OFF-) ?
Thanks for the interest. I have sent you a PM.