Pay your respect to Carl!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, thanks for this Giang. And thanks for all the nice comments.

Archo, I appreciate your concern for things and wanting to make sure this isn't some ruse. Thank you. It was also nice to have Giang's and NextLevel's words about how this would not be something to joke about since they had inside information and some idea of what has been going on for me.

My wife has been sick and battling cancer for some time now. There are a small group of people who I informed of this as it unfolded over the last 2 years.

Der_Echte and NextLevel, OldSchool and 42&BP, PPH, Liten, TTMonster, Suga D. Dan and Giang. I may have forgot one or two.

In the last few weeks things had turned significantly worse as we headed into what could only have been the home stretch. The only people I informed the end was approaching were Der_Echte, NextLevel, Dan and Giang.

For the past few weeks my wife needed 24 hour attention. I have been taking care of her through the night and have not gotten much sleep. My wife died peacefully in her own home, in her own bed exactly how she planned it. My daughter and I were right next to her and told her we would miss her and that we would work very hard to take care of each other. After hearing us promise this, she relaxed and 5 minutes later she slipped away.

If any of you want to friend me on Facebook feel free to. And here is a photo album I posted there in honor of the memory of my wife:

https://m.facebook.com/carl.horowitz/albums/10155314938084455/?ref=bookmarks

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says what [IMG]
@NextLevel

All I can say is that Carl is tough as nails to behave as he has, so I believe in him fully. Even with all of the empathy in the world, I wouldn't be able to really understand his situation.

@UpSideDownCarl

I'd have preferred it to be a joke even if I knew that you don't just joke about things like this. It really is tragic and I was in some disbelief, honestly.

I must apologize for whatever headache I've caused in the past: you've had enough on your plate already. Yet you've used so much time and energy on even strangers on an internet forum. I'm sure you know that you've made a personal impact on myself as well. You've got very strong and commendable character, Carl.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
So, thanks for this Giang. And thanks for all the nice comments.

Archo, I appreciate your concern for things and wanting to make sure this isn't some ruse. Thank you. It was also nice to have Giang's and NextLevel's words about how this would not be something to joke about since they had inside information and some idea of what has been going on for me.

My wife has been sick and battling cancer for some time now. There are a small group of people who I informed of this as it unfolded over the last 2 years.

Der_Echte and NextLevel, OldSchool and 42&BP, PPH, Liten, TTMonster, Suga D. Dan and Giang. I may have forgot one or two.

In the last few weeks things had turned significantly worse as we headed into what could only have been the home stretch. The only people I informed the end was approaching were Der_Echte, NextLevel, Dan and Giang.

For the past few weeks my wife needed 24 hour attention. I have been taking care of her through the night and have not gotten much sleep. My wife died peacefully in her own home, in her own bed exactly how she planned it. My daughter and I were right next to her and told her we would miss her and that we would work very hard to take care of each other. After hearing us promise this, she relaxed and 5 minutes later she slipped away.

If any of you want to friend me on Facebook feel free to. And here is a photo album I posted there in honor of the memory of my wife:

https://m.facebook.com/carl.horowitz/albums/10155314938084455/?ref=bookmarks

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Sorry to hear that. Your wife is such a strong and warm-hearted person.
If you and your daughter need something, let us know.

This user has no status.
In the off chance you may find these words comforting, I thought I'd share. Whenever we muslims hear of the passing away of someone, we utter a spplication that roughly translates to "verily to God do we belong, and verily to Him is our return".

I can't event begin to fathom your loss my friend. We all wish to be there for you and you family in some capacity.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Its really heartening to see the outpouring of support for Carl and his daughter at their time of need , not only do I have faith that Carl will tide over this, knowing him , I truly believe he will find the strength for his daughter and himself to carry on.

The posts here reaffirm the friendship we have build over the years in this forum and what are friends for if they can't be there when someone needs them .... table tennis is special and friendships built on table tennis are even more so ... we all are here for you Carl , please don't hesitate to reach out

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
My father has been slowly slipping into dementia and requires dialysis treatments due to kidney failure. The main caregiver is my mom, who has been doing this faithfully for three years now. It is a lot of work and she practically has no life. But she does it because she loves him. So I have a lot of respect and admiration for people like yourself, Carl, who love their wives through the good times and the bad, through sickness and health. May God give peace and comfort to your family.