Ma Long records first loss in 5 years!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Wtf is the referee complaining about at ~9:30? Ma Long not tossing the ball high enough? He must be kidding?

I could be wrong but it looks as if he's complaining about Ma Long tossing the ball not vertically enough and that he's throwing it too much into his body.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
@xylit: correct, he must have been kidding to confuse ML even more..
i mean, if the referee meant "hiding the ball" he must show it clearly and not showing "tossing the ball"

but ya, mayb he meant throwing it vertically and ML didnt understand correctly.. who knows

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
@xylit: correct, he must have been kidding to confuse ML even more..
i mean, if the referee meant "hiding the ball" he must show it clearly and not showing "tossing the ball"

but ya, mayb he meant throwing it vertically and ML didnt understand correctly.. who knows

The serve warning was not the same as the reason for the fault. The second serve was clearly a fault and the umpire can call it without hesitation after giving a warning for something else. I think the warning was about how he tossed the ball from his palm. The actual fault was clearly a hidden serve.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
why is there no full match or highlights available??
men-in-black-look-into-the-light-please.jpg

says Aging is a killer
I made the correction for you

The umpire does not have to give a warning at any time previous to any serve attempt.

The serve warning was not the same as the reason for the fault. The second serve was clearly a fault and the umpire can call it without hesitation <strike>after giving a warning for something else</strike>. I think the warning was about how he tossed the ball from his palm. The actual fault was clearly a hidden serve.

says Aging is a killer
Interesting to see ML called for illegal serve at 9:40. You can clearly see
him throw it behind his head.

Wtf is the referee complaining about at ~9:30? Ma Long not tossing the ball high enough? He must be kidding?

Has the OP changed the video or something? The one I see is only 8:31mins long.

OK, I see it. The call is at 00:49

Last edited: