Timo Boll ZLF

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hello. Can you give me an advice on which rubbers fits best Timo Boll Zlf? I mean the throw angles and so on? Now I have Rakza 7soft on bh and fh the same rubber. Is this a good solution for this blade? Before I had bluefire m2 and it was difficult for me to play. What do you think of R7 soft on this blade bh+fh?

This user has no status.
I had trouble playing with soft rubber on that blade. I remember having to use a drive stroke to get any spin or speed on the ball. That is, till I used medium hardness rubber. I liked Tenergy 05 the most, but Rasant and M2 were acceptable. T05fx, M3 and Acuda s3 did not play well on the zlf.

Reactions: Paweł Banasik
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What LordPippington said!

To add to it, the way each person feels in their hand is different.

When I used a TB ZLF I loved T05fx on the blade. I used it on BH but I would twiddle to it for blocking loop in drills because of how well it worked and I also liked twiddling to it for looping because it let you feel the Zylon in the blade so clearly.

If you like how R7 soft feels on your blade and it works for you, trust your own intuition.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
T05fx is the kind of rubber that feels really nice on composite blades. Medium soft sponge and firm topsheet the way 05fx has it seems to compliment such blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I used R7Soft on the Boll ZLF years ago and I remember it worked really well. Maybe a bit bouncy, but this was back in the celluloid days so it could be a better fit for the slower plastic balls these days.

But as others have said - it might feel wrong to someone else. R7Soft has quite a lot of catapult and the Boll ZLF is a thin blade. If you want a light, lower-catapult option you could consider Acuda Blue P3.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl