Who do you think will win the Korea Open 2017?

• Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Simon Gauzy

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Lee Sang Su

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kenta Matsudaira

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Mattias Karlsson

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Apart from MIZUTANI, other Japanese male players don't seem very consistent. On a good day, they can threaten anyone (but the best Chinese), but these good days seem few recently. On bad days, they feel vulnerable to a lot of players

I think you only say that because you have a vested interest in supporting them. Their performance and regular level is no different from say, South Korea. The real problem is probably injuries.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I think you only say that because you have a vested interest in supporting them. Their performance and regular level is no different from say, South Korea. The real problem is probably injuries.

yes of course i support the JNT. But to be honest, for the Men's team, getting a medal is far from guaranteed, where as for the Women's team, it would be very surprising to get beaten by anyone else than China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
yes of course i support the JNT. But to be honest, for the Men's team, getting a medal is far from guaranteed, where as for the Women's team, it would be very surprising to get beaten by anyone else than China.

China has swept the medals in the last 2 WTTC. So again, i understand your passion, but really most of the JNT have suffered losses to the Chinese in crucial rounds. Same with Germany. Nothing to be ashamed of. Their inconsistencies are no different from people like Freitas, Samsonov, Dima and CCY. You just see it differently because you want more. Table tennis for women in Japan is special. In Europe, it is almost dead. But men it is more equal.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Why do you think so?

Mizutani is usually expected to win his 2 matches against any non-chinese player. he's surely able to beat them all, but a 100% record against them is not possible against some players like Boll, Ovtcharov, Wong Chuting, and perhaps even some other players. His teammates, recently can lose against anybody... so ... difficult...

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Judging from past results Japan will do well. Germany will be a problem if they have a healthy Timo Boll and Ovtcharov. South Korea will be in the conversation as long as Jeoung Young Sik continues to prove himself as a reliable leader.

By the way, a great article in ITTF about the Korean coaches and their view of the state of their team. I agreed with their assessments: a weak Korean pro league, a need for better physical conditioning, and better fundamentals.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
yall forgot about Poland and Brazil...
Calderano and Dyjas can beat everybody.
Last time Dyjas won with Koki Niwa
and Wang Zeng Yi had tight match with Yoshimura
but today on Lotto Superleague.......

Zatowka win with Wong Chung Ting (7) 3:2
He is only 19..
I saw Jakub Kosowski in his prime on challenger. He easy won with Kojic/Akkuzu/Brossier/Jouti.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
What did you watch?
Ishikawa had leads of at least 3 points, but keep giving it away.
Starts games well, but Feng comes up
If that is "didn't have too much", then what is much :p

Relax man, you are far too serious here. This was a pun. You're the only one not to notice :cool:

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Timo's main strength is to read the incoming spin. His receive game is very strong, he doesn't have any problem return even with Par Gerrel's or Matsudaira's serves. His serves are also very hard to attack and hard to receive them without giving Timo an attack opportunity. Plus he's comfortable with high spin loops, everything comes back.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi