Who do you think will win the Korea Open 2017?

• Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Simon Gauzy

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Lee Sang Su

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kenta Matsudaira

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Mattias Karlsson

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
@LordPippington
The Ikemen and the Bijins

hey buddy .. can u tell what has happend to mizutani?? is he injured or what ...

7fe11723ly1fepout4zbxj20gd0f9aaz.jpg

7fe11723ly1fepouuposnj20g50elq3m.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
hey buddy .. can u tell what has happend to mizutani?? is he injured or what ...

the first pic above is from Feb 23rd, at the time of the Qatar Open. He's saying he's not well and had to cancel his participation but would be back in Japan Top12 in time (which he did but he lost early to UEDA Jin)

the pic below is from Apr 16th, no idea what happened in between and what he is in the hospital for.
he just says he's going out of the hospital, he's been there quite some time it seems ?
he also says he's shocked he has not lost any kilos during his stay.

Reactions: ping fun
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Round of 32

Jeoung Youngsik 2-4 Hunor Szcos
Steffen Mengel 3-4 Maharu Yoshimura
Mattias Karlsson 3-4 Ricardo Walther
Kenta Tazoe 4-3 Lee Sangsu

Kenta Matsudaira 4-1 Jang Woojin
Jeong Sangeun 0-4 Ruwen Filus
Jonathan Groth 1-4 Gao Ning
Jeongwoo Park 0-4 Timo Boll

Koki Niwa 4-1 Cho Seungmin
Patrick Franziska 4-1 Yuya Oshima
Kristian Karlsson 4-2 Ovidiu Ionescu
Masataka Morizono 1-4 Simon Gauzy

Marcos Freitas vs Benedikt Duda
Kazuhiro Yoshimura vs Chen Chien-An
Yuto Muramatsu vs Lim Jonghoon KOR
Anton Kallberg vs Chuang Chih Yuan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Very disappointed with the Koreans so far. Amazing performance at the Asian Championships and now the crash. Maybe their performance works in cycles so if they peak during the World Championships then all is forgiven.

Well today, after winning the U21, LIM played his first round against MURAMATSU and won 4-0. MURAMATSU is part of JNT for WTTC and was given his chance, but i'm quite skeptical. I hope he fares better next month in Dusseldorf

On the Japanese Girls side, ITO is still in poor form and lost yesterday. ISHIKAWA was a bit stressed but won 4-1 her first round match. HIRANO and HAYATA won easily.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Muramatsu had a rough time of it but at least he gets a lot of international playing experience and should get better. Korea needs to do more of that for their players, and not just their A team. For example, its a crime they don't play Choi Hyo Joo more often. She has a lot of talent but is way behind in international experience, I think. Despite that she's a very dangerous player and can cause stunning upsets.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Gauzy out, maybe Timo can win now :rolleyes:
I wouldn't say Gauzy could be a problem for timo in such performance (from Gauzy), now everything is possible, most of players are about top 10 - top 20. I think Freitas or Chuang are closer to win, but of course we cannot underestimate Timo experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I wouldn't say Gauzy could be a problem for timo in such performance (from Gauzy), now everything is possible, most of players are about top 10 - top 20. I think Freitas or Chuang are closer to win, but of course we cannot underestimate Timo experience.

I hope Kenta will show he is back in form this time

Reactions: Raylazyfo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yes I like kenta very much, but his forehand is not that powerfull and Timo bh down the line is very solid. I think blocking can be very good option because Timo is not that fast and he misses some shots if the rally goes longer, so if Kent chooses to block and make Timo run from one corner to the other he can win it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Kenta is blocking player, if he wants to win against Timo, he has to hit winners. He can block for ages and Timo would still not miss :D :D So my money for that match is on Timo. 4-1.

Kenta did not play well at the Asian Championships but i think he wants to redeem himself. Boll is a bit too old. I don't think he can win Kenta if this guy is at his full level.